What's new

TDF 2011

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
I cancelled my J-Com yesterday but told them not to cut the channel till the end of July...

Contador, Schleck, Evans (his last chance as far as I'm concerned).
Wiggins showing some excellent form but still don't think he has it in him.
Vino could throw a spanner in the works if he plays his donor cards right...

The 3 stooges at Radioshack? Will they play the 3 of a kind like they tried last year?

Hoping Richie Porte shadows Contador all the way as well... he could be left in a good spot if Contador is sent packing...

Cunego, Basso & Gerrans as outsiders or top 10 finishers....and will Gilbert be able to perform???

Bring it on...

Contador received a hearty booing at the presentation.

A classic case of the Spanish UCI and Innocent when proven gulity.

I expect stage 1 finish to be an interesting battle between Gilbert, Vino and Voeckler - it looks very suited to them.
My bet for the stage 1 is Vino. He's been chasing the yellow jersey for a long time, and considering that it is his last season, he should be super-motivated to get it there, especially with a finish like that.

I expect stage 1 finish to be an interesting battle between Gilbert, Vino and Voeckler - it looks very suited to them.
My bet for the stage 1 is Vino. He's been chasing the yellow jersey for a long time, and considering that it is his last season, he should be super-motivated to get it there, especially with a finish like that.

One hopes he's not TOO motivated. ;)

I'd like to see Goss challenge this stage but he was in the crash earlier...hope he's not hurt.

My first time ever watching real time broadcasting on J-com (first stage free :D)

So beautiful , I wish Tokyo will have these kind of road for cycling.....

Awesome racing right from the start of the Tour! This edition is going to be epic! :rolleyes:

And Contador already 1'20 down...ahh sweet justice! Great stage.

Not that I want to see it (ok I do) but I wouldn`t be surprised if one spectator tries and takes Contador out in one of the exposed mountain sections should he still be in contention by then (deliberately, not like yesterday`s incompetence).

For the Tour, Contador and Schleck are the main contenders but I don`t think either will make it. I will go for Gilbert, Horner and Evans for the top 3.

Can`t believe Andy Schleck wasn`t with the leaders over the line. Did they move the photo back to a point before the line to make sure AC didn`t win - looked like he had it from the overhead!!!!

Can`t believe Andy Schleck wasn`t with the leaders over the line. Did they move the photo back to a point before the line to make sure AC didn`t win - looked like he had it from the overhead!!!!

Cadel put in a last nanosecond lunge to put the egg on AC's face....and to think he got dropped off the peleton with about 16km to go and had to work extremely hard to get back...before you know it he's up near the front again.

"With 15km to go I think someone crashed into my rear derailleur (gear mechanism) and I had to change bikes. (Team-mate) Marcus Burghardt helped me out... he is my hero today."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling...ourth-stage-20110706-1h11k.html#ixzz1RGp4i93V

Hincapie is a true workaholic. He did it for Cav a lot and now he's giving his all to his team....again.

Evans has never been this fresh and determined. These hard earlyu stages may have him over extending himself already. Needs to sit in and rest a bit.

The Schlecks are resting...look out for them soon.

And what is Thor on... how on earth did he finish so close...the power of yellow?

I love this year's tour already, so much drama (cav, hushovd penalty), so many highlights.

Does anybody disagree, that the new sprint point system is a big improvement?

Sticky water bottle?

:confused:
30CHF fines for "sticky water bottle," bidon collé (Article 12.1.040.37): Sergio Paulinho (RadioShack); Alessandro Vanotti (Liquigas); Tejay Van Garderen (HTC-Highroad

What is this?

Hahahaha the sticky water bottle......

Basically a rider returns to the car to collect a bottle (s) while the hand over is given the support crew holds the bottle while the rider also holds it just in case it drops - waste is not good.

But sometimes the driver of the support car will suddenly realise he is not maintaining the national speed limits and will hit the accellerator and the poor riders is catapulted away from the car noramlly he isable to keep hold of the bottle though.

It's amazing as the sticky bottle is very common, we had 2 last year in Cameroon. (120 Swiss Franc Fine for each rider with a sticky bottle and 300 Swiss Franc to the DS)

A "sticky bottle" is also a way to get an unfair advantage by the riders from being pulled by the car while holding the bottle, which is a fine similar to drafting a support car.

Very exciting Tour so far!

Cavendish nailing everyone's assets as usual - I feel pity for other sprinters, who don't get to show off their sponsors.. as usual :)

I also find myself cheering for Contador, rather than Schlecks - the guy is a machine, keeps attacking on early stages after such a hard Giro!

Very exciting Tour so far!

Except for all the crashes, that is
It's painful to watch and read how some of the contenders leave the Tour without even battling with the others or proving themselves :(

Back
Top Bottom