What's new

TCC Team Kit. Padding for Shorts.

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Hi

I am just working out the technical details of the new kit (size, fit, materials, etc.)

Part of that involves the choice of padding in the shorts;

You have 3 options (well, 6; 3 for men and 3 for women).

I need you to tell me which option you want me to go for on this; the prices for each are different.

Option 1. Cheapest

cheap.jpg

Option 2. Middle cost

medium.jpg

Option 3. Most expensive

expensive.jpg

Note, the price difference even between the cheapest and most expensive pad will be a matter of about 5 euros (486yen, at this moment).

Let me know and I will push ahead with production.

Cheers.

I would not be particularly happy with sitting on options 1 and 2 so option 3 please.

Thanks Owen!

I have a pair with option 2 which I love...

Does more expensive = better quality, functionality in this equation?

Have to say that Number 2 is pretty damn good and I have used this before in Pro - Level kit when I was sponsored by F2P.

Also option 3 looks like the one Parentini supplied our kit with last year - a little less padding on this one.

Sorry, should have included this in the first post;

1 = Basic 'endurance' model.

2 = Thicker, with higher quality material

3 = Better again, and will Gel inside too.

Like I say, only about 5 Euros extra for the best pad.

I'm not really picky about chamois padding, in fact I can live with almost any pad, whether it's 2D or 3D cut, as long as I use good cream. However, I have (slightly) better experience with gel type material than simple foam. So... considering the small price difference, I prefer option 3. Thanks,

Eugen

I have pants with what look like both the 2 and 3 pads (dhb) and I prefer the 3 over the two.

So 3 for me.

The price difference between 2 and 3 is 3 Euros (293 yen, as of right now)

Shall we just go with 3?

I had a pair of dhb shorts with pad #2 that delaminated in within 4 wash cyclese and had to be returned. I'm sure it was an isolated mfg defect, but my vote is for 3

I recently got some winter tights with a pad that looks like #2 and it is too much padding for me. I don't care if it is #1 or #3, but it looks like we are going with #3. Thanks for giving us the option.

OK, that's it then. We go for #3. The price difference being about the same as a can of 一番搾り.

I will send off the request and finalise the other details, then post them in this thread.

We are working out some pretty cool details for the kit, which I think you will all be impressed with. The price, while not finalised, is also looking very good.

How about thicker knees and under straps for the feet on the winter kit!:D

Tights will not be available at this time.

I am working on getting some arranged for next winter which will be the first time after the first batch arrives that we will need them.

Samples of the kit are on the way, and once I check them out (and anyone else who wants to have a look, is more than welcome!) I will put the full order system into place. The kit will not arrive before it warms up slightly, so at this time, I am not pushing for the tights, but will do so later in the year.

All ideas for tights will of course be taken into consideration.

I have actioned the using of pad #3, and am waiting more info from the suppliers. Will report back when I get the info.

Cheers

Owen - Thanks for your continued efforts to sort out the kits for us and attention to the finer details. I look forward to ordering the finished product!

I'm not sure what the difference will be from #2 and #3 just by looking, but I'm both happy to pay more for quality, and happy to defer to those with more experience and actual expertise to lend to the decision-making process.

Thanks Owen for all the work you've put in. Seems like a bastard-load of (mostly) unrewarded huours.

If these are DHB wear they'll be using CYTECH pads which are great. Even the lower end range is a superb pad. FYI, though, I'd stay away from the gel version. The new multidensity foam is better and breathes more.

Back
Top Bottom