What's new

TCC Team Kit: arrived!

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Dear valued members,

the good news first: the team kits appear to have arrived on the shores of Japan, with two 16kg boxes full of dhb gear currently sitting in Narita customs. The not so good news: Wiggle shipped with an agent and not - as I had innocently believed - through express mail, leaving me sitting on an additional bill of 90,423yen.

I have paid the "import coordinator" today, so that the gear will be released by customs on Monday and eventually delivered to my house by Tuesday.

The additional costs can be broken down into

- import tax: 23,000yen
- terminal fees: 2,850yen
- custom charges: 11,280 yen
- custom inspection fees: 3,000 yen
- handling charge: 5,000 yen
- shipping: 3,450 yen
- custom charges: 40,900 yen

Roughly translated from here:

> 輸入消費税 : 23000
> ターミナル料金 : 2850
> 通関料 : 11800
> 税関検査料 : 3000
> 取扱料 : 5000 *
> 配送料 : 3450 *
> 関税 : 40900

There are no more funds available from the first collection, as the surplus generated by the generosity of a few members has been used towards a free team kit for our ingenious designer. Needless to mention, an accurate settlement of accounts shall be provided once all procedures will have been concluded.

Hence, I do hope we shall be able to recover the additional fees in a collective effort. With 60 individual orders that's a mere 1,500 yen per capita. And yes, I do have PayPal as of now which should facilitate the transfer. ;)

If you have any other suggestions, I do look forward to hearing them. I will keep everyone updated through this thread. :)

No problem at all

...was to be expected. Thanks Thomas (and Sergey) for all (must have been many for sure!;)) the efforts. I'm sure all of us will most gladly compensate the difference.

Thanks Tom! :)

I'll post a few pictures of the kit as soon as the boxes cross the threshold.

Great news its all arrived.

No problem whatsoever with the additional duties.

Thank you for all your hard work. :)

Omg! 1500extra for super cool and really cheap TCC special design jerseys!

No problem:p

So looking forward to them!

Hence, I do hope we shall be able to recover the additional fees in a collective effort. With 60 individual orders that's a mere 1,500 yen per capita. And yes, I do have PayPal as of now which should facilitate the transfer. ;)

1500 yen, no problem:D

Please tell us your PayPal e-mail address so we can send the funds.

Cheers!

No problems here too.
Will wait for more info on my e-mail.

Thanks for all the effort!

My email address is

I thought the rule was don`t post email addresses due to all the spammers. Maybe you want to edit that post or can a moderator do that? Use the PM.

Thomas, no problems with the extra charge. Are you making an appearance at the training camp, as could pay you there?

Note Taken

I let the "Minnesota Nice" slip out of me again, but I remember now that even though this is a place with lots of nice people, maybe some one could use that negatively!
Thanks

No problem. For those of us who lost your bank account details - please provide.

Money Sent

Thomas,

Just "Paypal'ed" you 1500 yen. Thanks again for running all the traps with this purchase. You sir are a Biker and a Gentleman. cheers

Thanks a lot, everyone! Please use PayPal for the transaction, find my email address below:

japanreference.gif

AT = @
DOT = .

Please do not use my CitiBank account for remittance, but PayPal. Thanks. :)

[How to use PayPal]

I shall post any news as soon as I hear from the shipping agent.

Back
Top Bottom