What's new

TCC Team Kit 2012/2013 Questions.

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Hi,

For the new kit (design project coming soon!), what would you like?

Last time, it seemed that most people went for the Jersey, Long Jersey, Shorts and Tights, with the focus being on the Jersey and Shorts.

I am about to release the design pack, and am speaking to Wiggle about what we all want, so I wanted to ask you before I commit (and finalise the .PSD pack!).

I am not sure at this stage, and wanted to gauge demand, but would anybody be interested in anything else, aside from the stuff we got last year?

Think; lightweight rain jacket, gloves, socks, etc. (pretty much anything that dhb make, basically).

Let me know ASAP, and we can get the process running.

Cheers

Owen

I think adding a rain jacket to the set would be nice!

OK, so that is +1 for a rain jacket.

Thanks.

Anything else you are interested in getting, please put it in this thread as soon as possible.

I think something for colder temperatures would be nice. The long sleeve jersey was made out of the same thin material as the short sleeve jersey. It's basically usable only as an "over jersey" with something warmer below. It would be nice to have long sleeve jerseys made out of warmer materials, possibly with some air protection. And the same also for long bib tights.

I think something for colder temperatures would be nice. The long sleeve jersey was made out of the same thin material as the short sleeve jersey. It's basically usable only as an "over jersey" with something warmer below. It would be nice to have long sleeve jerseys made out of warmer materials, possibly with some air protection. And the same also for long bib tights.

I love my long sleeved Jersey, as a skin cancer survivor it is important to me, but a heavier weight long sleeved jersey would also be cool.

I'd also be interested in a windbreaker, don't need a rain jacket I have one of those.

OK, great!

So, you are thinking a heavier long sleeve outer layer, to do what the long sleeved Jersey didn't do last year. Good idea.

Also, a wind-breaker.

Warmer Bib-tights too.

OK, I am logging all this.

Please keep it coming, and then we will put it to the vote.

I'd be fine with a kit just like 2011(SS/LS jerseys, bib shorts/tights).
Too bad DHB doesn't make cotton caps, though.

Currently without the team kit, sometimes I feel as if I'm not an official TCC member...

OK, so the general consensus is aiming at a warmer version of the kit for winter. I will speak to the people providing the kit, and see what we can come up with.

seconding a warm long sleeve jersey. also, better colors?

Regarding this comment about better colours, we are currently working out the finer details of this years design project, which you can all get involved in. Give me a few days, and I will have everything sorted to allow you all to contribute your ideas and designs.

Cheers

Owen

didn't mean any offense by the colors comment. or should i say colours. anyway, not sure if it was a printing issue or what but the colors in the current batch of TCC gear seem a little thin like they're faded.

Maybe I haven't worn them often enough yet or washed them at high temperature, but I can't complain about the strong and bright colour of my kit.

Actually, while some variation on the 2011 set might be nice, I'm hoping also for some consistency, so the TCC starts getting some kind of brand image in the eyes of other riders. The previous kit and the current kit hardly seem related...

Socks

I think some high cuff socks wouls be nice. The idea of a heavier winter jacket/jersey sounds pretty good too.

I'm hoping also for some consistency, so the TCC starts getting some kind of brand image in the eyes of other riders.

I don't ride in any official events but having a consistent theme would make it easier on the wallet.

I think some high cuff socks wouls be nice. The idea of a heavier winter jacket/jersey sounds pretty good too.

Just to let you know socks and gloves are actually one of the most expensive parts of the kit and normally come with a minimum order of 50 pairs for each.

A lot of clubs when they start out basically just have an approved sock/glove list that match team colours and there is no lack of RED-White -Black combo socks and gloves out there.

I think whaats needed here Owen is a multichoice poll to list everything that can be made/purchased. Have the TCC members respond that way as it will be easier to keep track of what items are actually wanted.

Also agree on keeping a consistant design.... most clubs won't change thier design for decades and actaully becomes part of cycling culture. If you keep swapping out the design then it can have several effects:

*Burden on members wallets as they feel the urge to constantly purchase kits annually
*Can actually result in members deciding NOT to purchase kit as they feel they only get 1 season from it.
*Dilutes the brand - people get used to seeing the one jersey and then it takes another year for the new jersey to get exposure
*Also there are some of us that race under different team names yet also want to ride casual with the TCC and having to fork out for several kits each year can get very expensive.

Just my own opinions here founded on years of club riding and racing

Owen - when you have finalized the designs , please let me know. I can have these custom made (sublimation printing, etc) without having any obtrusive 'maker brands' on the kit. I'm not so interested to advertise for Wiggle, as such, and prefer to simply show pure TCC colors, unless, of course, Wiggle is paying me per km of kit worn on the road.

Also agree on keeping a consistant design.... most clubs won't change thier design for decades and actaully becomes part of cycling culture.

+1 for this. I would also like to see the "TCC 20xx" ditched from the graphics - to my mind this instantly makes the kit look, well, dated after less than one year.

How about some 3/4 length 'bottoms' for spring/autumn days, to keep the knees covered up.
Oh, and proper shorts, 'coz I hate bibs.

Thus why my design only had the established date on the kit rather than the current year as it shows the heritage of the club also prevents it from becoming obsolete within 12 months.

Although I do think the creative talent that went in to the design is very impressive I would like to see a jersey that is less gimmicky and holiday souvenir style and more club orientated and that meets the JCF and JBCF requirements so if any of us do decide to enter the JBCF under the TCC name they can do so in club colours as right now we can't.

James
Here's some spare punctuation I have
since someone seems to have nicked it from your keyboard. Take as much as you want :p

AW.

I would be interested in a short sleeve jersey without a full length zipper. The bottom of the zipper tended to scratch and irritate me in some sensitive places on longer rides. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom