TCC site: update & restructuring

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
Dear valued members,

we would like to inform you of several upcoming changes to the TCC website.

1. It's been planned for ages, but we shall upgrade the software and all its modules in the very near future. You will be informed about the details shortly. The upgrade procedure might take a few hours, during which the website cannot be accessed.
  2. The update will go hand in hand with a site revamp. We will keep the design and layout minimalistic and user-friendly. Think of our new kits in terms of colours and design.
  3. The membership structure will also be altered: we shall dismiss the "Wolfpack" and the "Caravan" user groups (they are only secondary groups) and replace them with the TCC-internal 'race' classification system suggested by Serguei (please read the KOM thread for more information). Again, the details are still under discussion.
  4. We shall discharge the *entire* moderation team, regardless of their "rank". This is by no means a punitive measure, but TCC's familial atmosphere, our strict signup procedures and our well-behaved members' shining self-control have never required heavy-handed moderation and have therefore made the current structure obsolete. We might reconsider the recruitment of new moderators after the upgrade, however only after a brief technical introduction to the rudiments of the upgraded software.
  5. Last, but not least, we shall dispose of the Review module, as it has not been very much in demand so far. We may consider a future reimplementation, should the need arise.

Thanks again for your continued support and for your understanding, it is much appreciated! :)

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Setagaya
I just wanted to echo what Pete and Phil said. Thank you so much for making all this possible, Thomas. Your efforts are truly appreciated!

Deej

Oct 15, 2010
Me too. The cite is an excelent resourse of information and makes it possilbe to meet like-minded people for rides. Really appreciate having it.

bird

Speeding Up
Nov 30, 2010
Kawasaki
People (myself included, of course) often tend to take something for granted... especially if it is something good.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you Thomas and everyone for keeping this online forum as well as real life friendship that grew out from it.

Philip

Speeding Up
Feb 15, 2007
Setagaya
Thomas and Sora-San,

Likewise, thank you both for your selfless time and effort. Because of you I have made many friends here with whom I have enjoyed 1,000's of km. I look forward to the updates.

Cheers,

Philip

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Many thanks to Thomas and Sora for the hosting of the site and letting us use the resources they provide us for free - I would also like to thank all the members as without them there wouldn't be a TCC forum and its the regulars that post the group rides, mechanical, technical, coaching and routes/course and events that actually make the TCC what it is.

Also I think that with the change it is a good time to resign from my moderator role here on the TCC.

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Geez this update info had turned into a love fest! I suppose I better get into the action....Thanks Thomas, so glad I met you and Philip all those years back in the mountains. I honestly couldn't believe how muddy you guys were:D

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
This is just a short notice confirming that the update/upgrade/revamp is proceeding backstage. Technically, most things seem to work on the test site. Owen will put a final touch on the graphics, so I hope (if nothing unexpected happens) to roll out next week.

Our focus will be on getting the technical subtleties working, the design will most likely be an ongoing procedure. Thanks again for everyone's patience. :)