TCC Newbie in Machida

Greetings and Happy New Year TCC!
With this message I announce my membership in TCC. I have lived in Japan for 18 years and have been bicycle touring since age 16 in the US, about 30 years ago. Periodically, commute between Tamagawagakuen in Machida and Ookayama, Meguro-ku. Really enjoy riding along the bike/exercise path along the Tamagawa between Noborito and Musashi-kosugi. Please contact me if you are interested in weekend rides in southern Machida, Asao-ku, Kawasaki or Nara-ku, Yokohama and post-ride refreshments.

Phil Harris

Speeding Up
Nov 9, 2006
Yokohama
Welcome

Greetings and Happy New Year TCC!
With this message I announce my membership in TCC. I have lived in Japan for 18 years and have been bicycle touring since age 16 in the US, about 30 years ago. Periodically, commute between Tamagawagakuen in Machida and Ookayama, Meguro-ku. Really enjoy riding along the bike/exercise path along the Tamagawa between Noborito and Musashi-kosugi. Please contact me if you are interested in weekend rides in southern Machida, Asao-ku, Kawasaki or Nara-ku, Yokohama and post-ride refreshments.
I might be interested in some rides south of Tokyo.

snoogly

Maximum Pace
Oct 14, 2007
Machida, Tokyo
I might well be up for some rides, if you don't mind a slow-coach holding you back :(

I now live in Machida but used to live in Ookayama :) (I wonder, are you teaching at TIT in Ookayama?)

Tokyo pan-handle ride

Yes, that is a bullseye on TIT @ Ookayama, which is the reason for the login. How about a Saturday or Sunday evening ride including post-ride liquid refreshments? I live in Tamagawagakuen, but it is < 10 min to central Machida for me on :bike:

snoogly

Maximum Pace
Oct 14, 2007
Machida, Tokyo
Yes, that is a bullseye on TIT @ Ookayama, which is the reason for the login. How about a Saturday or Sunday evening ride including post-ride liquid refreshments? I live in Tamagawagakuen, but it is < 10 min to central Machida for me on :bike:
Until end of Jan I will be tied up with my own uni work, so I don't want to make any promises about a ride ~ but after that I'm game!

I am no speed demon or hill-climber though. I trundle along in gentlemanly elegance on a Rohloff IGH beast.

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1186654/1/Rohloff?h=ef5a74