What's new

KIT TCC Kit Arrived!

OK, so I am tracking the package right now, and it will arrive in NRT at 0640 on the 14th June (tomorrow).

Once arrived, it will be up to customs to deal with it, and that can take, well, as long as it takes...

Will keep you all posted!

Cheers

Owen

Ha, according to the tracking data, the box weighs 1475.5 kg.

At first I thought this was a mistake, but they must have managed to fill the pockets of each jersey with diamonds as I requested.

They probably decided that certain crucial parts of our bike shorts needed to be made of lead (Fukushima!) :p

OK, the kit has landed in NRT. Did so 4 minutes ahead of schedule, at 0636.

Will let you know the rest of the progress as I find out.

Cheers

Great! You should be fine if it was shipped by an Express carrier (DHL, TNT, etc) As they'll handle all your clearances, etc smoothly. EMS - well, good luck! Though lately they've been a fair amount 'better' on smooth inspection and clearance.

And if it's coming to you directly as an 'individual' , rather than a 'company' , they'll be rather lenient and quick. As a company, you'll get nailed the 5% consumption tax fully, plus any related Duties. Individuals are allowed up to 200,000 yen 'duty free'. So, if your PI is under that - you'll likely have no duties as well.

Again, cheers for the info.

The total order cost was, however, WAY more than 200,000yen... :D

Just a quick ad-vice on those type order. In the future ask them to split it up into multiple orders that are under the 200,000 yen ea. But, again, if it's sent to an individual there is oftentimes less scrutiny than a company, which is ALWAYS scrutinized. I'm sure you'll be fine - Wiggle / DHB is top notch and knows how to prep for export. You'd be surprised (though prolly not) some of the small details that are involved to do proper apparel importing in Japan. Everything from material source, lables, etc, have to be prepared a certain way. It's a wonder you don't need a Letter of Apology To the Emporer as well.

Actually Tim is spot on here, you may be asked to prove excactly how much it cost to produce and proof that no financial gains are being made on it.

All of this you'll be able to provide but it might be a royal or imperial pain in the arse to deal with.

Certainly. We will see in the next few days.

Will keep you all posted on the progress.

Just adding another Ditto to what Tim is saying, we have imported various things from various countries, the US, China, the UK and various places in the EU, many times we had to go down to the post office and fill out all kinds of forms, (I think one WAS an apology to the Emperor...) and they held out stuff up for days. We learned to NOT use Japan Post, and use DHL or FedEx for smaller stuff, and for larger shipments a freight company. The hoops that we have to jump thru would sometimes make your head spin. Free trade, yeah..... right.... :rolleyes:

This was sent from Milan and to the best of my knowledge was DHL'd.

I will investigate if things get sticky.

Cheers for all the input, genuinely. Good to know.:)

OK, according to the tracking service, the kit has now landed in Customs / Processing / whatever you want to call it.

It got there at 12.44pm today.

Updates as they arrive.

Thanks, and I am as excited about all this as the rest of you!

Back
Top Bottom