What's new

TCC Kit. Additions!

onm

Sep 2, 2009
EDIT; will keep this list up to date with suggestions...

In response to a lot of people asking, there is now the possibility of the following items being added to the team kit.

-Winter bib tights
-3/4 length tights
-A jacket of some kind; windproof sleeves and front with vented back
-Riding cap
-Shoe covers
-Gloves
-Rain cape
-Reflective elements adding to all kit

As we did with the current kit items, these new items are able to be built and customised from an extensive selection of materials and sizings, so we have a lot of different options available here.

So! Not, asking for anybody to place an order now, as we need to design the stuff first, but would these be suitable additions to the team kit, and are there any other items people would like to see?

Once we get a feel for the interest, we can start designing it all.

Cheers!

Have you put any thought into going with Hincapie sportswear? I know our own TCC Member Danny is the Japan distributer of the brand and it would be great to keep it in the family. I know allot of the folks here, including myself are into clothing that is high quality. I am not saying the last kit was anything less but I really like the Hincapie stuff.

Have you put any thought into going with Hincapie sportswear? I know our own TCC Member Danny is the Japan distributer of the brand and it would be great to keep it in the family. I know allot of the folks here, including myself are into clothing that is high quality. I am not saying the last kit was anything less but I really like the Hincapie stuff.

What kind of a deal can we get from them? I am more than happy with the wiggle gear and Owen's close connections there are part of how good a deal we get. We also get Owen's great design skills as well, not sure if he would be happy doing it for another unaffiliated company.

Not sure why we would want to support that family anymore than we would the Armstrong brand?

But that's just my opinion YMMV.

In response to a lot of people asking, there is now the possibility of the following items being added to the team kit.

-Bib Tights.
-A jacket of some kind.
-Riding Cap.

The Bib Tights and Jacket, as we did with the current kit items, are able to be customised, and we have a lot of different options available here. The riding cap would be a standard affair, from what I can currently gather.

So! Not, asking for anybody to place an order now, as we need to design the stuff first, but would these be suitable additions to the team kit, and are there any other items people would like to see?

Once we get a feel for the interest, we can start designing it all.

The Bib Tights and Jacket options, I will list here, so we can collectively put something together to suit everybody's needs. There is always the possibility of adding our own special tweaks to things later, like we did with the current kit, but to start with we will work within the parameters of the suppliers option list (which is extensive).

Cheers!

Bibtights - yes definitely
New suggestion: 3/4s - (i.e. shorts extended to just below the knees) for spring / autumn riding
Jacket - windproof front & arms with vented or softshell type back

Will try to get these on the podium for you!
AW.

Thanks Alan. Will take that into account.

Regarding suppliers, etc. while I have no desire or need to restrict discussion of anything at all, any decision making on this will be done after proper communications with a particular supplier have been completed. And for the record, the best interests of all members purchasing the kit will be the driving force behind the final choice, rather than anything else.

Hope that is reasonable.

I would definitely purchase a jacket like the one Alan is describing. I would like to see shoe covers, TT style (lightweight, one piece) and a rain cape, those would round out my TCC kit collection.
I would also like to see a reflective element added to all of the kit. My other clubs kit has this and it is a really nice safety addition.
No bibs for me

We already have Bib Shorts.

I assume you mean Bib Tights?

With the tights, we have a lot of options, but these could roughly be classed as 'Autumn/Spring' and full on 'Winter'.

What are people's preferences?

With the tights, we have a lot of options, but these could roughly be classed as 'Autumn/Spring' and full on 'Winter'.

What are people's preferences?

I would take the winter set up. Something that would work for 5dC and lower rides.

And how about some socks, shoe covers, gloves, and mitts? Or am I now over matching? ;)

Yeah, of course I'm excited about the tights, I already have the bib shorts. Btw, change "i" to "o" on my previous post, it'll probably be pretty funny ...

I won't be satisfied until we all look like a TCC-ified:
Waynes_World_Dana_Carvey_Reebok.jpg

I have updated the first post to match the current suggestions.

Keep them coming, and I will continue to update the list until we have a decent idea of what is needed.

Then the designing starts.

OK, so if there are no more suggestions, this is how we proceed;

The Bib Tights and Jacket will need as much input from everybody about the design as possible, to make something that works.

I have all the variables here regarding design, fit, materials, etc. which I will post up in due course.

Riding cap is going to be a standard affair, material and shape-wise.

Gloves and shoe covers I will need to look into.

So for now, can you all start sharing what you would ideally like from Bib Tights and Jacket. From this info I can put together something realistic.

Graphic design wise, I will start on that, for your approval, once we have the basic technicals worked out, as that will affect the dimensions / panel locations and therefore where we can place things graphically.

Cheers.

Owen

Cheers Owen,

Jacket: Underarm pit zip for adjustable ventilation, with tab or string for easy opening/closing even with winter gloves on. I think there are nice jackets in the market with this feature (Was it Castelli maybe?).

As for cycling cap (to be discussed much later probably), I would appreciate an extra large size; 60cm+. One-size-fits-all cycling cap usually gives me terrible headaches. If we can go for one size only, then forget about me.

Eugen

Back
Top Bottom