What's new

KIT TCC Kit 2015/6. Sample Testing Meeting.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Alright

I have had a few requests to try on the kit, and also check it out generally for quality and to see exactly where that extra 3,500yen is really going, so I thought it might be a good idea to arrange a meet up somewhere, so people can test it out at all at once. This will save me having to run around constantly with the kit, basically, and means that anyone can come along and try it.

I was thinking next Friday afternoon / evening might be good. We can decide where to meet in this thread if that suits everyone.

Anyone is welcome to come along to try on the kit, and check the nick. If you want to come along to tell me how much you hate me, and that you want me to kill myself or whatever, then that is also fine.

So let me know if that works for any of you and I can bring the samples down to check out.

Nice one.

Oh yeah, and I don't have any womens' samples, if there are any women reading this wanting to try on samples. (@danny, have you got any womens' samples?)

I'd like to try it on. Suggest a date, time and place somewhere kind of central that's okay for you and lets see how many can make it.

Lets go to a nice department store in Ginza and take over their changing rooms for an hour or two.

I heard these two places are good.

Any preference?

the blue oyster.png

Untitled-2.png

Anywhere is fine with me. I will be travelling in to Tokyo, like the Pied Piper of Hamelin, so can pretty much go anywhere within reason. My journey, unlike the Pied Piper of Hamelin, will not end with the disappearance and subsequent death of a large number of children though, you will be pleased to hear. There might be one, or maybe two deaths, but these will all be of fully grown men, Barrymore style, so nothing too sinister.

So yeah, let me know where is good for you.

@TCC Yes, I just checked through my storage and I do have one women`s medium in the Velocity line from custom kit we had made 2013. It is the same fit as the Velocity Plus.

@Bluebell asked me about this just a few minutes ago. I offered to ship direct to her or to TCC. Either is fine for me, just let me know.

Last edited:
We could meet outside the Rapha shop. Haha.

Alright, Shinjuku it is. Friday or Saturday? Both days look like rain, with Friday being more rainy, so there won't be any rides, invite or no-invite, happening those days...

You should use their change rooms, You can say you want to compare so grab a Rapha bib off the rack. Then try on the TCC kit ask them what they think. Just keep talking about the TCC kit like it is their gear asking questions and for their suggestions. Then thank them and leave without trying on their gear. And make sure you go to pay and then "remember" that you already own that kit.

Film it all with secret cameras and post it for the lolz. Then apply for a job in a viral marketing agency on a 6 figure salary once the video passes a million hipster mamil views.

We could meet outside the Rapha shop. Haha.

Nice. Or I could just buy a load of Rapha kits and put a TCC sticker on them and add 3500yen to the price.

Update;

The womens' samples will arrive in about a weeks time. We can have a separate meeting day for women to try the kit on, if required. The samples will initially be sent to @Bluebell, so if any women would like to try the kit, please contact her, and maybe organise your own time to try it. If this is not possible, I can arrange another meeting and bring the kit myself. Up to you.

Nobody confirmed a day, location or time so no, it is not happening today. I am riding tomorrow, so the next possible day will be Sunday, which is raining.

If people want to do this, actually confirm a day, time and place. Will not work unless you do that.

I can do late tomorrow afternoon/evening in Shinjuku. What about 4pm at the Rapha store?

I will have to beg off, unfortunately. My dogs arrived at Narita and I need/want to hang out with them for a while to get them acclimated (and it's been 7 months since I've seen them!). If someone goes who typically wears L and has ordered a M, I'd love to hear how it wears. Cheers

Right you mentalists.

I am definitely going into Tokyo tomorrow evening. I am going to the Rapha shop and will be there at about 6pm. I will have the samples with me, so anyone wanting to try the kit should come down then.

Let me know if you are coming. I will be there regardless.

Back
Top Bottom