What's new

TCC Kit 2012: invoices sent

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Dear members,

a short update on the order procedure: on Monday, we sent out all invoices to the members who ordered the TCC Team Kit 2012.

It appears that some of them (in particular those using free web-based email providers, such as Yahoo or Hotmail, who tend to arbitrarily filter out what they deem to be spam) were not able to receive our email. In such case, please check your spam folder for a message titled "TCC Team Kit 2012 Invoice" or provide us with another email address.

In case you have not received your invoice yet, please contact Owen or me by Private message (PM).

Thank you.

Meanwhile, thanks to all those who have already paid.

It appears that some of them (in particular those using free web-based email providers, such as Yahoo or Hotmail, who tend to arbitrarily filter out what they deem to be spam) were not able to receive our email. In such case, please check your spam folder for a message titled "TCC Team Kit 2012 Invoice" or provide us with another email address.

... and get yourself a better mail provider (I recommend Gmail!), unless you want to lose more mail in the future ;)

I sent Thomas the money on Monday. Please, everyone else pay ASAP so they can start production, now that great cycling weather is just around the corner!

... and get yourself a better mail provider (I recommend Gmail!), unless you want to lose more mail in the future ;)

Amen to that, Joe! I stopped using Hotmail in the late 90s. :)

I use Hotmail as my junk mail account. Useful to sign up for services at it and then forget.

Amen to that, Joe! I stopped using Hotmail in the late 90s. :)

In February I attended a conference in San Francisco about email (anti-spam). There were a bunch of Microsoft engineers there too and it was telling that all of them had found it necessary to add in bold black pen under the company name on their attendee badges the words NOT HOTMAIL. It seems to me they weren't exactly proud of their company's consumer email offering. If the merger with Yahoo had gone through, chances are that Hotmail would have been euthanized by now.

There were a bunch of Microsoft engineers there too and it was telling that all of them had found it necessary to add in bold black pen under the company name on their attendee badges the words NOT HOTMAIL. It seems to me they weren't exactly proud of their company's consumer email offering.

:D:D:D

Yahoo redirects "suspicious" mails to their spam folders, so they are at least retrievable. Another provider I'm struggling with as a webmaster is AOL. You need to "whitelist" your server in order not be to have your emails filtered out...

Sorry for getting OT here... :D

Yes, thanks to everybody who has paid so far.

For your information, there are some people who had the invoices sent to Hotmail accounts that received our invoice and paid with no issue.

The deadline is 14th April.

Thanks a lot!

Owen

Just a little update: most members have already remitted their order fees, but we still have about 19 outstanding confirmations/payments. If you haven't received any invoice yet, please contact us as soon as possible.

The sooner you remit, the sooner we can place the order.

Thanks to all the others who have already paid! :)

If the 14th is supposed to be the deadline for payment, I guess tomorrow (Fri, April 13) is the last day to send a bank wire transfer...

Yes, the 14th was only set as it was exactly 2 weeks from the point when Thomas and I decided to set a deadline. So yes, if you intend to play along and get your payment in before the deadline, today is the last day.

I would like to thank those who have paid so far; seems we had a bit of a rush on payments over the past few days in a bid to meet the deadline which was really encouraging.

Once the last payment comes in, we will send off the money, so those who are yet to pay are holding things up! :p

Cheers

Owen

maybe they are never going to pay? Does that mean we will never receive our kit!:eek:

maybe they are never going to pay? Does that mean we will never receive our kit!:eek:

Everybody who has paid will receive their kit.

Thomas and I are fully aware of who has not paid, and have contacted these people. Naming and shaming will not commence until after the deadline has passed... :rolleyes:

Edit: Only 10 people left to pay now. Thomas is busy at the moment, but he will update our records tonight, at which point we will be able to tell you how many people have not met the deadline, and need their bum-bums smacked with a copy of the King James Bible, before being sent to their rooms with no supper.

The deadline has passed, what's the status now? When will I be able to join the spandex brigade? :bike:

Sorry for the delay in replying.

We have collected all but a few of the monies due, and will be sending the payment off tomorrow, 18th April. The members who have not paid are working this out with Thomas (unless they did not reply at all and have abandoned their promise to purchase, in which case Thomas and I are taking a different approach, which will be made clear at a later date.)

The kit is being made as I type this, and will be finished soon-ish (I will let you know exactly when that will be when I find out!)

The late payments have slowed things down a bit, and for that I can only apologise (even though it is not my fault), but Thomas and I really did our best to get people to reply by the deadline.

So, that is the state of play now. Of course we will keep you updated, and rest assured, your kits are coming.

Thanks a lot, and please do ask any questions you have.

Owen

What is 'soccer'?

Funny, I thought you were from the UK, after all YOU GUYS started calling it Soccer.....

Now British school boys of the day liked to nickname everything, which is still somewhat common. They also liked to add the ending "er" to these nicknames. Thus Rugby was, at that time, popularly called "Rugger". Association Football was then much better known as "Assoccer", which quickly just became "Soccer" and sometimes "Soccer Football".

It's the most popular game played on the planet, granted, but it is about as much fun to watch as Baseball.....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom