What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Wanted TCC jersey size small or XS

Roger

Crazy cyclist with too many bikes...
Dec 9, 2019
Hi everyone!

I know this is a long shot, but my girlfriend and I are coming through Tokyo on 25 December to cycle New Zealand. She loves all things Japanese and has been to Tokyo twice for work, so I'm hoping to find a TCC jersey for her. I know they are made only to order, so if anyone out there is willing to part with theirs and it's pretty tiny, I would love to offer it a new and loving home in France! After a quick sojourn in NZ, of course...

Thanks!

Arigato!

Hi Roger, and sorry I haven't replied to your email yet! Placing a request to the classifieds was your best bet. Perhaps we'll launch a 2020 Olympics edition next year. :)

Hi Roger, and sorry I haven't replied to your email yet! Placing a request to the classifieds was your best bet. Perhaps we'll launch a 2020 Olympics edition next year. :)
Thanks!

Ooh... a special 2020 edition... I think she'd like that...

Roger - I have a new women's S short-sleeve jersey, and/or a windbreaker jacket available, from Half-Fast Cycling.

The design may or may not match your GF's idea of all things Japanese...

You could also hit up some of the Y's Road shops. There are some sales for summer jerseys that I saw in the last month, with interesting japanese designs...

You could also hit up some of the Y's Road shops. There are some sales for summer jerseys that I saw in the last month, with interesting japanese designs...
I'd really like to ger her a TCC jersey as opposed to just any Japanese jersey, but we'll have a few hours to look around, so we'll check out the Y's Road Shops too.

Thanks, Matt.

Roger - I have a new women's S short-sleeve jersey, and/or a windbreaker jacket available, from Half-Fast Cycling.

Thanks - can you tell me what it says on the sleeves in Japanese?

Thanks - can you tell me what it says on the sleeves in Japanese?
One sleeve says ラーメン RAMEN and the other I think it's a 追風 which means tailwinds but @Half-Fast Mike can check as "my eyes are dim I can not see, I have not bought my specs with me"*.

* is 100 yrs too long for a cultural reference?

* is 100 yrs too long for a cultural reference?
Thanks for the earworm, @kiwisimon.

You're correct. Other features: In Italian, around the collar, it says Red lights are merely a suggestion. Birota et Cervisia is Latin - albeit a neologism* - for "Bicycles and Beer". The map on the front is Tokyo Bay around Odaiba, while that on the back is Miura Peninsula.

*Stop snickering at the back

[brain sings] ♩'There is cheese, cheese, with shocking dirty knees...'

Thanks guys!

Alas she didn't get her visa, so NZ is crossed off for this year. Instead I've managed to find a last second trip to South Africa.

I'll hope to enjoy some ichibananas with you next year, though!

And thanks for everything. If there is a 2020 Olympic design for the TCC please let me know. I'll probably grab one as well as a HalfFast, at least for myself ;-)

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom