What's new

KIT TCC 2015/16 Kit. Final Designs, Fit, Pricing & Ordering. Order Deadline = 30th June

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Notice: Order Deadline now set to 30th June.

Here are the final designs of the kit.

Mens Velocity Plus

MensVelocityPlusJersey.png
MensVelocityPlusShorts.jpg

Mens Max

MaxMensJersey.png
MensMaxBibShorts.jpg

Womens Velocity Plus

WomensVelocityPlusJersey.png
WomensVelocityPlusShorts.jpg

Womens Max

WomensMaxJersey.png

Gloves

TCC2015Gloves.png

Cap

Cap.jpg

The kit will be available in the following variations;

Men

SS Jerseys; Velocity Plus and Max
Bib Shorts; Velocity Plus and Max
Gloves
Cap

Women

SS Jerseys; Velocity Plus and Max
Bib Shorts; Velocity Plus (Max Bib shorts are not available in womens cut)
Gloves
Cap

Velocity Plus is top end riding gear.
Max is top end riding / racing gear, with more technical lightweight construction and fit.

Full info can be found on the Hincapie site / Cyclism site / speaking to @danny.

Fitting

Jersey - Go for one size smaller than you usually buy. If you usually have a Medium, get a Small, for example. These come up large. See my photo evidence further down the page for reference.

Bib Short
- Go with whatever you usually wear. If you have a Medium usually, go with a Medium. Note that the leg length is available in two sizes. 11 inch, and 9.5inch. For reference, I wear a 9.5 inch.

Cap
- One size fits all.

Gloves - go with whatever you usually have.

Pricing

Price is the same for Mens and Womens.

Velocity Plus Jersey: 15,000yen
Max Jersey: 15,500yen
Velocity Plus Bib Shorts: 16,000yen
Max Bib Shorts (Men Only): 18,800yen
Gloves: 6,000yen
Cap: 2,000yen

Price include all import duties, consumption tax, and shipping into Japan. Once in Japan, the kit will be sent to your address. You will be responsible for paying the shipping from us to you, payment on delivery.

Important Notice. These prices are based on fulfilling a minimum order per item. If the minimum order is not met, there will still be the possibility of getting the kit, but the price may increase. We will inform everyone of this as the ordering progresses.

Ordering

Orders are is now open.

Deadline = 30th June.

To order, please do the following.

1. Do NOT put your order in this thread.
2. Start a Conversation with user @TCC and provide the following information;

Name
Address
Email address
Your Order (including all sizes and shorts length)
Any other info you want to provide regarding delivery / shipping, or whatever.

You will then be issued an invoice to pay, by a set deadline. Information about how to pay will be on the invoice.

3. We will collect all payments from everyone before placing the order. This means that anyone delaying will be delaying the whole order. So pay on time.

Any general questions, feel free to post them here. Any specific questions about your own order, or anything particular to you, please start a Conversation to do so.

Last edited:
Updated the first post with ordering and payment information.

@TCC When is the kit likely to arrive as I'm only in Tokyo until the beginning of August?

Very cool designs by the way...

@Harry I will set a deadline soon, and after that it will be about 6 weeks ish until it arrives. Start of August might be pushing it.

We can send it abroad though, if you want; you would just need to pay the extra shipping cost.

More fitting info...

This is me wearing the Small and Medium Max jerseys.

I usually wear a medium jersey, which fits me snug like the small does here, hence my suggestion of dropping a size for the jerseys.

Small

SmallHinOwen.png

Medium

MediumHinOwen.png

There is a mental barricade preventing me from accepting the fact that an XS is the order I should make, but one down is the way to go?

Now, do I get the Velocity, the Max, or both...

Init. I went shopping in town, the last time I was back in the UK. Wanted to buy a T-Shirt. Used to wear medium back in my teens, when I was about the same size as I am now, minus a bit of muscle.

Tried on a medium. It was a tent.

Small. Still too big.

Had to get an XS T-shirt.

Blame the fatties, plus-sized models, and the fact that being fat is a majority activity nowadays for the sizes being shifted to make them feel better about themselves, and just revel in your XS jersey.

You can try on the samples if you want to. Small is the lowest size I have samples in, but that should allow you to see if you need an XS (which you probably do)

Update;

Added more detailed fitting information to the first post.

Cheers.

MAX looks to have better ultimate heat management and hence it's a thinner material. Velocity plus does appear to have the extra zipped pocket some of us crave....

Reactions: TCC
@TCC what's the main difference between the two jersey types? Looks like one is just a bit more fitted?

There is full info on the hincapie site linked earlier in this thread.

The Max is lighter, and better for extreme heat. You can see the fit on me in the photos I posted in this thread too. The Velocity Plus is close to this, but is not quite as light or fitted, relatively speaking. It is still fitted kit though.

Update;

Order Deadline = 30th June.

¥15,000 for a jersey knocked up in a third world sweat shop...
Are you taking the piss or what?

Cue delete from our masters!

You say that like us deleting your comment would be unreasonable.

Think about what you are doing; you are directly slagging off someones work in the place they are offering it for sale. Regardless of what you think of it, this is extremely lame behaviour.

Top of the range self designed Wave One, made in Japan with no import tax costs about ¥ 11,500..
¥15,000?Why so expensive?
Seriously why? We are not all ex pat bankers!
Admittedly slightly less quality jerseys from China or the Philippines can be ordered for a third of that cost.

And still you continue.

What is your aim here? You have already stated that you will not be buying the kit, due to it being made by Hincapie, so this can not be a complaint on your own behalf regarding the price. It can only be assumed that you are therefore attempting to discourage others from purchasing the kit, by attempting to cast the price in a negative light. Hardly sporting behaviour, is it.

Back
Top Bottom