What's new

TB kita tokyo big boy brevet Audax

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
So today was to be my second 200km brevet for the month. I had signed up for the tB Kita tokyo big boy brevet at the beginning of the week and managed to convince a few others to join as well.
we arrived at the meeting place nice and early. The organisers had set up a gusto so we could be sent off in style. On the ring of the bell we set off.

the first part was fairly slow going, but soon we had made out into a bit of open countryside. There weren't to many rules to this breville, we just had to take a few blurry photos with bokeh and some black an white and other instagram effects. (there was a list provided) so tobias was sure to snap some pics as we went as proof.

the other rule was that the 200km breville must be finished in 8hrs riding time. that's why it was called the big boy brevet apparantly. Well thats what the organisers said.

Despite what we had been told we found it fairly natural to be rotating the lead and as a result we made decent time.

the first hill was Tomin no mori, I found some decent power and got up there in 54.27 at 280W but my PM has dropped about 25W so it should have been about 305W which would have been my 1hr FTP.

the organisers had built a rest area at the top of Tomin no mori with drink machines and toilets etc. there were a lot of people there even people who weren't on bikes, so I guess there were a lot of entrants.

Anyway up Matsuhime then back to Tokyo. Finished in 7h24min riding time. When we got back to the finish, there were bulldozers were already dismantling the gusto, but it didn't matter, we had kicked some ass and won the Brevet!

Thats right we were the winners of the brevet and we did it for TCC!!!!

Anyway cracking a beer now and saying cheers to my mates with whom I picked up TCCs first brevet win!

Well boys, I am detecting a bit of jealousy there. But never fear, there will be more brevilles you can join in.

Let's do it again some time:tup
But next time someone else can do all the pulls:flip:
TB kita tokyo big boy brevet Audax was a raging success

Do we all get fancy badges?

:chinese:We do!

I'd just like to say if anyone has any questions about tips for succeeding in a brevet feel free to ask either Me, Musashi, sabot or Aron. As the winners of this last brevet we can give you a few tips to make sure you aren't riding lost in the hills in a granny gear delirious wondering if the bears that are following you with slavering lips are real or not.

Back
Top Bottom