What's new

Tappie Massager

onm

Sep 2, 2009
So, I have been stepping up the riding again, and as a result the stretching and the need for muscle massage.

I got a Tappie massager which have been using for the past week or so, and it is great. Feels a lot better and fresher after I have used it for 30 mins or so, starting on the lowest setting then going up to the maximum.

This is a Tappie;

Tappy-massage-01.jpg

The one I have is weighted, so combined with pushing it down onto my legs, I can really feel the effects of it fairly deep-tissue.

Anyone else using these for post ride massage stuff?

So she...

... takes that thing and gives you a message with it. Damn, I got to get one too.

I've got one of those too. It's really good for ITB release. Also got one of those massage chair pads. Awesome. Don't forget a little Red Flower Oil while you're at it.

Well, just to let you know that after using this yesterday after kicking it on the turbo trainer, I feel much better than usual.

Good device.

Where did you get it? How much does it cost?

My thighs are killing me after another 5 Km run today, I could use a massage...

Thanks, got one on the way!:D

This post was well timed, I'm doing lots of stretching, but my legs are killing me as of late.

Cool, that is the exact same one I have.

Good price you found it for there too!

I use massage oil and a wooden rolling pin from the 100yen store, tennis ball, squash ball and golf ball are also great tools.

My mate swears by these.

Reebok foam roller

Was thinking about picking one up.

Have a look for the demonstration videos on Youtube too... There are some, ahem, proper birds showing you how to use them... Maybe one for when the wife is out:confused:

My mate swears by these.

Reebok foam roller

Was thinking about picking one up.

Have a look for the demonstration videos on Youtube too... There are some, ahem, proper birds showing you how to use them... Maybe one for when the wife is out:confused:
We have one of those rollers, and it does work well, but I also have to say that it is not easy to use, requires some strength and some balance. My wife has a nerve problem in her leg, the roller helps with it, but using her full body weight hurts too much, so she has to hold a lot of her body weight off the roller, this is hard to do for a long time. The thing that I really like about the roller is to lay on top of it, with your spine right in line with the roller, and just lay there, it is such a great stretch for your back.

Yeah, I have not actually tried one yet, but my mate is constantly harping on about how good they are.

Might give it a go. Really starting to feel the advantages of massage and stretching.

I got my 5Km in again today, and waiting for me when I got home was the Tappie massager :D

To test it out I did about 10 min on my right leg, on the low setting, this thing really digs deep, it is very heavy and makes very little sound, it really seems to work. I'm having a lot of calf pain, as cycling does not work the calf nearly as much as running, so my calves are playing catch up. Doing the calf was painful, but a good kind of painful, as in "this hurts now, but later will feel great kind" of painful :rolleyes:
I've just done my daily HEAVY delivery with a hill and boy can I feel a difference, the right leg, that I used the Tappie massager on feels MUCH better, the left leg feels like it has scales on it, or rust and does not want to move as easily as the massaged leg.

Best 2700 yen I've spent in a while!

Domo!

Back
Top Bottom