Tama hills

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Not really figured I would just go exploring, I have only passed through there once. I want to start early though.

Want to meet at yanokuchi station at 8am?

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
I'll be passing through around that time doing Onekansen and stopping at the 711 after the tunnel on top to refuel before heading on to Sagamiko. Maybe we meet on the road...:bike:

lylen

Speeding Up
Apr 30, 2008
Tokyo
Tama

Ah, Tama hills, I have that area sussed out pretty well. Sorry I can't join, maybe someday I can give you a guided tour. You can make close to 1200 meters climbing in a couple hours of up and down. It's a good work out to just get lost and discover lots of roads. Have fun.

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Short and sweet ride. 66km 600m climbing, home by 9.30am now off to the park with my daughter...

Had a good time and would like to go back, It was really a shakedown for my knee. I have been steadily increasing pressure and distance since the forced (albeit small) rest. Today was another step forward, I think it was the first time that I have got home and it is my muscles rather than my knee that are complaining:D

Anyway I am going to start picking up the tempo a bit from here. I got stopped by cops who had blocked the road for some car race, so I went up and down a few side roads and then back.

http://app.strava.com/rides/5674822

I see I have popped up on a few strava segments, (Oh look Malte is KOM... Malte are there any segments in Tokyo that you haven't ridden and mastered:cool:) And of course I made one of my own so I could be KOM at least until Malte seeks and destroys! ha ha ha

Was that you Gunjira I said Hello to just before the long climb?

Hopefully I will be able to join some longer rides before too long.:D

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
Was that you Gunjira I said Hello to just before the long climb?
Unfortunately not. Late start due to too many drinks yesterday.
Some good riding in nice weather and a reality check on Yabitsu South side. I was hurting so bad and not even top20 ;(