What's new

ta Daaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
Walked into my friendly LBS to buy a bottle cage and pay for my team uniform shorts I ordered about 6 months ago and walked out with....

taDaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

trek-madone-52-bike.jpg

Trek 5.2 Probably a much better bike than my current (old) Trek5500 with the time gap between them...

Have had my eye on this one in the shop for a long time hoping nobody would buy it... a lot of my team mates knew I was waiting on it too and were therefore too scared to buy it..

Finally the price dropped, and I went in to bargain a bit more...

walked out with a new BLING....

minus the drink bottle holder I planned on getting...

Now I need 3 drink bottle holders....

Was planning on getting a bike after October but with a lack of riding in Feb and this month as well, I needed to buy some yaruki....

:bike:

Where are my spare pedals?????

Looks like you'll be buying three new water bottle holders and a shiny new pair of pedals to match the shiny new bike. :p

Congratulations Pete

Nice, I notice you never mentioned the motor, if only we could buy upgrades as easily. Happy trails.

Uh, sorry to be the party pooper, but hang on to your sales slip, and the warranty card that comes with it.

I'm not sure that's quite the same spoke/rim design as the ones I had trouble with (a four year old Trek Pilot 5.2), but it seems close (eventually some cracks in the rim around a couple nipples, and constant truing needed before that). The rest of the bike is undoubtedly wonderful, but I'm thinking those wheels don't have a very good reputation.

Thanks for the warning... my old Race Lites are 6 years old and still going (with a tiny wobble). I get good service at my shop so if there is a problem it will be fixed quick smart.

Looks like I'm not the only one with new wheels. Must be the spring air...although I have no idea what the weather is doing atm!

Congratulations, a very nice looking bike with some very interesting features, like the 90mm BB meaning that it doesn't need BB cups. Enjoy:D

mmmmm Shiny

Nice bike Peter. And a fine example of shopping skillz!

Personally I think that the fact we're all holed-up hiding from the grotty weather is fuelling the current TCC shopping spree. I'm guilty of checking out websites and pricing up dream builds instead of pounding out the kilometres, that's for sure. Have managed to resist so far but you lot aren't helping my resolve!

AW.

Many congrats Pete, that's a fine looking ride. Kudos to you for holding out for the discount. Looking forward to seeing it in person soon... :bike:

Thanks for the replies

may take it for a spin tonight and follow the sprint trainers till I see how it goes... still can't find my spare pedals.

With the extra discount... I think it helped that I went in 15 minutes before closing on the day before their day off and then took a few deep breaths while I considered... as the clock ticked....

There were 5 staff there waiting to close up shop...and go home.

More like lynch you if you didn't buy it.... if your anything like me it takes months of fawning and visiting my potential new mate.

So, has it been ridden yet?

Awaiting ride report and pics of the machine in the field...:cool:

So, has it been ridden yet?

Awaiting ride report and pics of the machine in the field...:cool:

I just took it for a 25km tune up test ride. Going to training tonight, but don't think my body is in a condition worthy of the bike. I'm going to get fit first before judging the bike.,

The test ride though felt great. Fits like a glove.
Snappy, stiff, light, the lightness is something I'm not used to and not sure if that will help the sprinting or hinder it. It will help me though when the light weight guys mix the pace up and try and drop me on dead starts...

Have had about 3 or 4 short rides...and today with a slight tailwind on the Edoriver easily got it up to 59.5kph before having to abandon the 60kph attempt due to an old lady approaching. Still had a few spare cogs on the cassette as well.

One thing I noticed at high speed with the lightness was being less stable than my other 2 bikes. Thought I was about to take off into the air. This may just mean I need a bit of time to get used to it. Have had my other 2 bikes at 59.xkph before but not so easily. Think I'm going to break my land speed record on this stallion.

Niiiice!

I have been looking at Treks recently...

How much discount did you get in the end? I am in the market for a new ride, and need to start saving...

Any hints on price would be very helpful!

Niiiice!

I have been looking at Treks recently...

How much discount did you get in the end? I am in the market for a new ride, and need to start saving...

Any hints on price would be very helpful!

I think it is very hard to get discounts on new stock... I got my 1st Trek at the same shop back in 2004 and that had been in the shop just over a year as well. I got a great discount then as well... I'm a loyal customer to this shop and they have never ever charged me for repairs...

I got about 30% off.
Prices will vary greatly depending on what model you want.
The heavy ones are quite cheap....super light is super expensive.... save as much as you can while you search for the best bargain. I got this one 7 months ahead of schedule because it was going to sell quickly as the price dropped. If I'd waited till October I'd be looking at more expensive bikes again.

It may be cheaper to order from over seas too.

There is still a Trek in that shop that was a size too small (52) but a better model Trek5500....with a big discount as well... can't remember the exact price but close to 30% off the original price.

This rain is making it very difficult to enjoy...

I had to go out today and get some of these to pass the boredom...
4 new pets.
Piranhas

nice fish.... I used to have Piranhas too.

Word of advice, they are omnivoures so give them a varied diet and small amounts as if they get too big the smaller ones will kill and eat the larger fish.

Also these are preditory animals so they need to have plenty of hiding places otherwise they get testy and attack each other..... so weeds, rocks and so on...... no bond style fish tanks for them!

Also if you keep them on the right diet you can introduce other fish such as neon tetra and small fish that wont be considered a food source by the piranhas

I think it is very hard to get discounts on new stock... I got my 1st Trek at the same shop back in 2004 and that had been in the shop just over a year as well. I got a great discount then as well... I'm a loyal customer to this shop and they have never ever charged me for repairs...

I got about 30% off.
Prices will vary greatly depending on what model you want.
The heavy ones are quite cheap....super light is super expensive.... save as much as you can while you search for the best bargain. I got this one 7 months ahead of schedule because it was going to sell quickly as the price dropped. If I'd waited till October I'd be looking at more expensive bikes again.

It may be cheaper to order from over seas too.

There is still a Trek in that shop that was a size too small (52) but a better model Trek5500....with a big discount as well... can't remember the exact price but close to 30% off the original price.

This rain is making it very difficult to enjoy...

I had to go out today and get some of these to pass the boredom...
4 new pets.
Piranhas

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I was pretty big on the Tokyo BMX scene 2005-2006 (sounds stupid, I know), and I found even then, I couldn't get proper discounts; more like people shoulder patting and offering me discount on old stock.

Have you ever managed to get a discount on new stuff here?

>Your bike looks superb by the way. How tall are you? I am about to buy a 55cm bike. I am 177cm tall (shorty)...

Back
Top Bottom