What's new

Synenergy Coaching

I was impressed @luka when we rode together about how well you knew about your body's performance and rode to that level to achieve optimum performance. It was really inspiring and I have tried since to be warier of riding in thresholds. Anyway, thanks. I look forward to the day my metabolic age is 24 and hope my mental age makes it that high one day, too!

hey @Kangaeroo witty as always I see.

I believe that was not so much about riding at threshold, as in "trash-hold" zone, i.e. where you don't ride at HIIT or anaerobic level, or even at FTP (which one couldn't do for a long time anyway), but you're neither in the comfortable aerobic zone. so one could end up wasting a lot of time in between, impacting recovery and overall training volume, without really getting the benefits of high intensity either to offset it. I guess it's more relevant to serious athletes than us mere mortals who ride for fun but...

yeah, let us not derail this thread anymore, this one should be about @bloaker and his progress eh ;)

This morning I was 84.90 kg and BMI is 24.
My Bodyfat is still at 22% so working on that. Not trying to lose too much of it, but 19% would make me happy.

I was starting to wreak of ammonia after harder rides, so I adjusted my diet a bit to get the carbs up to where they need to be.
I wasn't deliberately cutting them out, however my go to meals and snacks didn't really include them.
I need covid to end so I can get my roasted sweet potatoes from york mart!

it's good to keep tracking one's body composition, as body-weight alone can be misleading. if you're trying to get the fat% down, 90% of that will come from nutrition, and maybe at best 10% from workouts. but I'm sure you know that. I've been maintaining the same body-weight for the past 4-5 months. 67 kg, give or take 500g. body fat % also totally flat, between 12-13%. at one point I was thinking if I can get it down to 10-11% but it would not be sustainable and I've given up

Good morning kids,
I figured I would post an update to let you all know I have not fallen off the wagon. :D
I was a touch over 27kg down this morning from last winter.
60 pounds dropped! Of course things have slowed down a bit and it doesn't just come off as quickly as it did in February, but nonethe less - I am still trending in the correct direction.

It is going to take a new level of commitment to nutrition to make any more break throughs tho.
I am not quite as strict as I was earlier in the year with food - however I am still feasting on healthy things...
So the 'lifestyle' aspect of eating healthier has stuck. But the discipline of paying strict attention to portion control is a little more slack.
But I cannot complain - as I said before... the weight is still coming off and at a rate many others would love to have.

1596748164535.png

Last I saw you @bloaker I didn't think you had 60 pounds to lose. You're going to be a Yabitsu-climbing demon now.
Admittedly - last winter I could see I had maybe 40 to lose.... but now 60 is gone and I can see where another 10 or 15 could be lost....

But now it is targeted areas to lose. It isn't my entire body. Even my face looks different now.

I lost 25kg this year - so my level of suffering on the climbs will be the same as a regular ride last year? :D
This is truly impressive - I'm happy for you, and more than a little envious of your determination and dedication.

How do you feel - apart from, presumably, hungry all the time?

This is truly impressive - I'm happy for you, and more than a little envious of your determination and dedication.

How do you feel - apart from, presumably, hungry all the time?
Everything was going along quite well and hunger was never an issue. The entire point of doing things how I did them was not to really restrict myself, but to just push healthier foods when I do eat. I had a balance that was working well for me...

Then this month I made another change that has cause me some struggle. One of my friends back home is an alcoholic and IMO in a fight for his life. He is a great dude and fun MTBr that I ride with whenever I head back home. But 3 failed attempts at rehab and he has lost multiple jobs, his wife and some other things along the way... So he started rehab for the 4th time a few weeks ago. As a show of support, I gave up alcohol for November as did another dozen friends back home. This move has thrown my routine and balance off completely.

Nothing drastic has changed, my weight went up 1kg over the past 3 weeks as I adjust to the change. I have found in the evening when I would be sipping on a drink, I am now craving munchies. This is no bueno. I have upped my water intake even more just to try and convince myself there is no room left to eat or drink, but not really 100% effective.

^ that is my recent 'hungry all the time' complaint.

As for how do I feel - I lost the weight relatively quick and have maintained with minimal effort. But the loss wasn't overnight, so there was no "wow I feel better than yesterday" - but I can tell you that per strava, my bad days today are faster than my good days last year. I am wearing myself out just as much as ever on the bike and feel wasted after rides - but the biggest difference - with the weight loss - my body is more balanced. My blood pressure has come down and my recovery time seems much faster. Getting old sucks, but the weight loss has relieved my knees, feet, and ankles a bit over the course of the day.

When I look at the effort I put into losing weight (not much - just better choices) and then I look at the results (not weight, but blood pressure and recovery) - I get a little upset I didn't make the change before.

Last edited:
yes, bodyweight control is 100% about nutrition. no one has ever out-exercised a poor diet

I have found in the evening when I would be sipping on a drink, I am now craving munchies.
I'd agree and have sometimes thought that there's some kind of caloric satisfaction in booze, probably an aspect of why it can be addictive.

I'd agree and have sometimes thought that there's some kind of caloric satisfaction in booze, probably an aspect of why it can be addictive.
It may be that - it is the only carbonated drink I consume.
Having given up everything but Coffee/Water/Beer to drink - Beer is kinda heavy and I can just sip on it while doing other things.
Being carbonated - I think it also helps me feel full. Having flavor also makes it a treat.
I give up alcohol every year from Dec31-Mar12, so I am used to no alcohol, however in years past I could just grab a sprite or something else carbonated.
I dunno... I will figure it out eventually. I will be back to normal for December, then dry again..... so I have to figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom