Synenergy Coaching

Kangaeroo

Maximum Pace
Jan 24, 2018
I was impressed @luka when we rode together about how well you knew about your body's performance and rode to that level to achieve optimum performance. It was really inspiring and I have tried since to be warier of riding in thresholds. Anyway, thanks. I look forward to the day my metabolic age is 24 and hope my mental age makes it that high one day, too!

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
hey @Kangaeroo witty as always I see.

I believe that was not so much about riding at threshold, as in "trash-hold" zone, i.e. where you don't ride at HIIT or anaerobic level, or even at FTP (which one couldn't do for a long time anyway), but you're neither in the comfortable aerobic zone. so one could end up wasting a lot of time in between, impacting recovery and overall training volume, without really getting the benefits of high intensity either to offset it. I guess it's more relevant to serious athletes than us mere mortals who ride for fun but...

yeah, let us not derail this thread anymore, this one should be about @bloaker and his progress eh ;)

• Love
Reactions: Kangaeroo

OreoCookie

Maximum Pace
Dec 2, 2017
Pacing below threshold is mentally hard, you have to resist all the temptations for a much higher average speed. :)

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
This morning I was 84.90 kg and BMI is 24.
My Bodyfat is still at 22% so working on that. Not trying to lose too much of it, but 19% would make me happy.

I was starting to wreak of ammonia after harder rides, so I adjusted my diet a bit to get the carbs up to where they need to be.
I wasn't deliberately cutting them out, however my go to meals and snacks didn't really include them.
I need covid to end so I can get my roasted sweet potatoes from york mart!

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
it's good to keep tracking one's body composition, as body-weight alone can be misleading. if you're trying to get the fat% down, 90% of that will come from nutrition, and maybe at best 10% from workouts. but I'm sure you know that. I've been maintaining the same body-weight for the past 4-5 months. 67 kg, give or take 500g. body fat % also totally flat, between 12-13%. at one point I was thinking if I can get it down to 10-11% but it would not be sustainable and I've given up

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
Good morning kids,
I figured I would post an update to let you all know I have not fallen off the wagon. :D
I was a touch over 27kg down this morning from last winter.
60 pounds dropped! Of course things have slowed down a bit and it doesn't just come off as quickly as it did in February, but nonethe less - I am still trending in the correct direction.

It is going to take a new level of commitment to nutrition to make any more break throughs tho.
I am not quite as strict as I was earlier in the year with food - however I am still feasting on healthy things...
So the 'lifestyle' aspect of eating healthier has stuck. But the discipline of paying strict attention to portion control is a little more slack.
But I cannot complain - as I said before... the weight is still coming off and at a rate many others would love to have.

1596748164535.png

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
Last I saw you @bloaker I didn't think you had 60 pounds to lose. You're going to be a Yabitsu-climbing demon now.
Admittedly - last winter I could see I had maybe 40 to lose.... but now 60 is gone and I can see where another 10 or 15 could be lost....

But now it is targeted areas to lose. It isn't my entire body. Even my face looks different now.

Reactions: Kangaeroo and Karl