What's new

Swedish cyclist in Tokyo: Christopher Anjevik

Chrisisism

Maximum Pace
Sep 6, 2014
Hello all,

I must compliment you for the good web page. This is a very good start for newcomers like me in Tokyo!

My name is Christopher Anjevik and I am from Gothenburg in Sweden. I will live in Tokyo for about 2 years, near Mejiro and Ikebukuro.

I am 40 years old this spring and have enjoyed cycling almost all my life.
I ride road bikes and mountainbikes. Hopefully I can join you guys and girls on some (many) trips.
In Sweden I ride for this club: aktivitussportsclub.com
This is also the club I compete with. We have have a team that do road races and mountainbike races.
In april we go to St Tropez in France and do this race:
http://www.sportcommunication.info/web2010/epreuve2.php?langue=2&trophee=52

I am looking forward to meet you all and explore the mountain climbs west of Tokyo!

vsm_2014_2.jpg

Regards, Christopher

Hello all,

I must compliment you for the good web page. This is a very good start for newcomers like me in Tokyo!

My name is Christopher Anjevik and I am from Gothenburg in Sweden. I will live in Tokyo for about 2 years, near Mejiro and Ikebukuro.

I am 40 years old this spring and have enjoyed cycling almost all my life.
I ride road bikes and mountainbikes. Hopefully I can join you guys and girls on some (many) trips.
In Sweden I ride for this club: aktivitussportsclub.com
This is also the club I compete with. We have have a team that do road races and mountainbike races.
In april we go to St Tropez in France and do this race:
http://www.sportcommunication.info/web2010/epreuve2.php?langue=2&trophee=52

I am looking forward to meet you all and explore the mountain climbs west of Tokyo!

View attachment 9857

Regards, Christopher
Hi Christopher
Welcome to TCC. You are located pretty well to come on the TCC north brigades rides Which head north out of Tokyo and up to the mountains in Saitama (-although at this time of year the mountains are covered in white stuff that might be rather familiar to you Swedes ). Did you bring your road bike with you? Keep an eye out for rides posted (they are usually posted around We'd or Thursday for a Saturday ride.

Hallå

Welcome to the club.

There is another Swedish member who we are all very fond of, so I am sure you will fit in fine. Some of us have even been learning some Swedish language to try and make him feel more at home, so maybe we can try some of that out on you too.

Looking forward to riding with you.

Cheers.

Welcome to TCC

I just came across this and wondered if @Chrisisism or our other beloved Swede @saibot could comment on its validity

78KCoDa.jpg

No relation to cycling, sorry.

I can tell you that it was common in Sweden and I was fortunately a bit too old to catch on. ;-)

I am equipped with bikes for most occassions:

Road:
Look 585 with Campagnolo Record EPS, DIY installed of course :)
Soon to arrive: Bianchi Oltre XR1 with Ultegra Di2

MTB:
Bianchi Methanol 29 with SRAM 1*11 speed

Cyclocross:
Soon to arrive: CVLN VIVE LE ROI B - SS with Belt drive

Välkommen, ska bli skönt att få tjata like svenska :)

Fin cykelsamling, plockat med allt från Sverige eller fyndat här?

I don't understand at all??? What are you trying to say??? You might as well be speaking swedish for all I can tell...

Some more Swedish below ;-)

Hej,

jag har plockat med cyklar från Sverige och får CVLN hitskickad från USA i Feb hoppas jag.
Bianchin kommer troligen tas med av besökare i mars.

Jag har även släpat med en Monark 828

Vi hade en stor container i flytten från Sverige, så det gick smidigt!

Vet inte om jag får så stor nytta av MTB dock? Hade egentligen behövt köra en del MTB, ska köra Cykelvasan i höst, helst under 3h...

Some more Swedish below ;-)
Vet inte om jag får så stor nytta av MTB dock? Hade egentligen behövt köra en del MTB, ska köra Cykelvasan i höst, helst under 3h...

Har själv ingen erfarenhet av att cykla MTB här, men det finns ett fåtal här på TCC som gör det. Tyvärr finns det inte allemansrätt här so man kan inte bara dra ut i skogen like enkelt som hemma i Sverige tyvärr. Kan vara läge att starta en tråd här när abstinensen börjar göra sig påmind.

Cykelvasan under 3h, herre jösses... elitklass alltså. Vi som oftast drar iväg till bergen i saitama på helgerna har ett fåtal riktigt starka åkare (inte jag då) som du säkert matchar. Våra turer är väldigt sällan regelrätta träningar dock :)
Ut till bergen är det ca 50km i lugnt tempo med tillhörande cykelsnack och fika stop, väl framme i bergen så är det full gas efter sin egen kapacitet upp till toppen där vi väntar in alla innan vi drar vidare till nästa klättring, lunch stop, etc. Turerna landar oftast på 120-180km med mellan 2000-2500m klättring. Oftast är det tåg tillbaka till Tokyo beroende på tid, dagsljus osv.
För en elit cyklist kanske inte så utmanande men det är mycket trevliga turer med mycket cykelnörderi och naturen är ofattbart vacker på sina håll, så hoppas du är sugen på att hänga på.
Hade varit kul att se @leicaman få lite motstånd uppför bergen också (som han kommer att försöka översätta detta nu hehe.)

This sounds very good! I love to go out and have fun on the roads, no matter the speed. I have big respect for the distances and climbing you do, very challenging!
I look forward to join you soon :)
And no, I am not elite racer :). But I like to go as hard as I can of course.... Small internal competitions are always fun ;-)

And I also try and recuperate from a bad state of really low iron levels last summer and autumn. It is amazing how tired you can feel from that, so I had to have over 2 months off the bike trying to diagnose what was causing it.
Luckily it seemed to be too much coffee, stress and hard training!
Now I changed my life to only include hard training and feel much, much better :)

I have bought a bike bag and trained for the procedure of packing/unpacking the bike so I am prepared the next time I can join. Some weekends are booked with my wife and children

Family first of course. And our weekend outings are usually all-day so it's definitely something to plan while taking family into consideration.

Looking forward to ride with you!

Jag är glad att ni alla talar svenska. Jag kan visa dig alla de utmärkta svenska ord jag lärt mig förra året.

Back
Top Bottom