kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Hi all,

Just a heads up for anyone interested -
www.super-hc.jp

Last year we had a nice race there:
https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1949

It is close to Tokyo, the course is pretty and not ridiculously steep (avg. 9%) and it has a very strong competition (everyone is super fit in October :)).

I have just joined - anyone else? I know Pucci is doing it :cool: But I am also looking forward to hook up with more of you there. Mike, how do you feel this year - want to improve your results? Alan, you want your revenge?

Tim? Kim? Anyone?

June 1st, registration for 500 more.

Hi all,

Just a heads up for anyone interested -
www.super-hc.jp

Tim? Kim? Anyone?

I just looked at the above web-site, and it looks as though ALL positions were filled within 9 days (5/14 - 5/23).
HOWEVER, on June 1st, they are going to re-open registration for 500 more riders.
These will fill up fast. So you'll need to be right on top of it next Wednesday!
I will definitely try to get a place.
Thanks for the heads-up, Serguei!

Those are the Sunday Sunday bastards that harrassed myself and a few others for 'kotei', I'll join you guys - but will poach this one. I actually got a personal invite from the director due to one of their cronies strong arming me at the Motegi Enduro - the same fat f** on a scooter that impounded Mikio at the Super and then wasted his time trying to chase me downhill in the van ala OJ Simpson.

Lottery if oversubscribed?

It looks as if the organizers' site says that there will be a lottery (ku-sen?) if the 500 additional spots are over-subscribed. ... Still good to sign up right away, but maybe not a sure thing, and maybe not hopeless if you delay a bit.

I'm no climber, ... but agree this would be a nice course and a nice time of year. Hmmm.

Best, David L.

Just signed up...

But as David mentioned, there will be a lottery to decide who gets in if more than the 500 subscribed people try to register.
Traditionally, *touching wood right now* foreign entrants are usually given a slight preference, so as to make the race look more "International".
Well, maybe they aren't, but this is my attempt to remain optimistic :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm hopeful, and looking forward to it.
T

Travis, thanks for the reminder. Just signed up, too, let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

For maintaining motivation and discipline, I've also thrown my hat in the ring.

Wonder what the result will be. :greets:

Just got a mail saying I've been accepted. :D

Anyone else in the race?

Nice! Looking forward to another strong show of Team TCC in action! :climb01::climb01::climb01:

Position secured ... subject to payment

I also got the email saying I'm in as long as I pay by June 22.

Did someone say this event involves going UP a hill, on my bicycle? I would really much rather go DOWN the hill. I guess I'll just save the the fun for after the timed portion of the event.

So - since I'm not racing, I am supporting! We'll put up a small hospitality table at the park and if you're seriously interested, I can loan some podium quality gear. Give a shout!

See you on Sunday morning

I'll see you on Sunday AM.

From the website info it looks as if I can check in 7:30-9AM and will not start until 10:10 (40-49 yr olds) -- the last group until the 11AM starters. At least that way I don't need to suffer through mass groups passing me, even if I don't climb any faster than at O-toge last weekend.

And I think O-Toge really was the perfect preparation -- slightly longer and slightly more elevation gain.

Weather looks okay, and hope it will be dry.

Hi all,
This is a reminder for participants.:)

Don't forget to print out the e-mail from "[email protected]" with the subject "スーパーヒルクライム参加確認証".
Or, just write down your category and number written in that e-mail.
You need them to check in.

★カテゴリー <--- category
★ ゼッケンNo. <--- number

You can check in at 山根公園, near Hayakawa tollgate, on the race day or tomorrow(13:00-17:00).

I'm in Road-C category and looking forward to seeing you guys!

Takaaki

Nimotsu Azukari at Supe HC

One question for anyone who did this last year or read the website more carefully than I did: I see a reference to "luggage deposit" at the check-in?

Do they return your lugage (a small rucksack) at the top of the climb? ... so you can hand over your arm warmers/jacket and get them back for the descent ... or continue on to Ashinoko and beyond?

(I may meet up with Jerome B of Positivo Espresso ... thinking about perhaps riding back to Tokyo via Gotemba-Oyama / Mikuni Toge / Doshimichi -- I've never done Mikuni before and it is about time.

Best, David

I did this last year - yes, they let you check in a bag and reclaim at the top. You have to wait quite awhile to go back down (the same way) - so perhaps bailing out to Ashinoko might be a good option if the weather is nice - or you have no wish to hang for the bench racing. BTW - the awards ceremony was also at the top (finish).

One question for anyone who did this last year or read the website more carefully than I did: I see a reference to "luggage deposit" at the check-in?

Do they return your lugage (a small rucksack) at the top of the climb? ... so you can hand over your arm warmers/jacket and get them back for the descent ... or continue on to Ashinoko and beyond?

Best, David

Back
Top Bottom