What's new

Super HC 2010(Toyo Tyre Turnpike)

kimm

Maximum Pace
Dec 25, 2009
Hi all,
I found some great Hillclimb race close from Odawara and I already know some of TCC monsters love the big hilly course at all. (Mike! I know you man! :cool:)
I don't know I could join this race or not, but if there're some members here, I'll be positive to doing this.

-- Race name : Super Hill climb 2010 in Toyo Tires Turnpike
-- Date : September 26th(Sunday) 10:30 - 14:00
-- Course : Fumoto tollgate --> Daikann-zan parking lot
(You can not ride/try this road, this road is only opend for Automobile!!!)
Coursemap : here
-- Distance : 13.8km
-- Elevation difference : 1,000m
-- Entry fee : 6,000YEN(Male), 4,500YEN(Female)
-- Homepage : here

-- Singup : First Entry:2010/6/1 - 6/15(capacity 1,200 pp)
Second Entry:2010/7/1 - 7/15(capacity 800 pp)
※If signup pp is over the capacity, participant will be chosed by rottery)

-- Category :
Road-A Male/ ~19Yrs
Road-B Male/20~29yrs
Road-C Male/30~39yrs
Road-D Male/40~49yrs
Road-E Male/over 50yrs
Road-FA Female/ ~35yrs
Road-FB Female/over 36yrs
Category-1(C-1)Sex/Year/road,mtb,fixie, whatever
Total : 2,000 pp

-- Race schedule
8:30 - : registration(1, 2, 3)
9:00 - : registration(4, 5, 6)
9:30 - : registration(7, 8)
10:20 - 10:25 : start ceremony

(1) 10:30 - Road-FA(Female / ~ 35yrs)
(2) 10:31 - Road-FB(Female / over 36yrs)
(3) 10:37 - Road-E(Male / over 50yrs)
(4) 10:47- Road-D(Male / 40~49yrs)
(5) 11:04 - Road-C(Male / 30~39yrs)
(6) 11:24 - Road-B(Male / 20~29yrs)
(7) 10:00 - 11:34- Road-A (Male / ~19yrs)
(8) 11:40 - C-1
-13:00 Cutoff first gate

Thanks,
Kimm

Hey Kimm, huge thanks for letting us know about it. Since I missed the all-important Fuji Azami race and will probably have to skip Utsukushi - I will be looking to compensate it in Autumn hill climbs!

Will definitely keep this one in my sight :cool:

Yeah, if you do this, I'm gonna do this as well. :eek:
This race is just started from this year and nobody experienced before.
One of my friend who is Japanese told me that this road is quite stiff and very similar to Aazami line. But I've never been there so maybe we can reconnaissance this course by Car.(I think if Mike gonna join this, he'll bring us to show them all. :p)

According to the profile...

...the course goes from 0 to ~900 m high in ~10 km, which makes it 9% avg. with almost flat final 4 km - looks interesting!

This looks like a good race to get me motivated into hill climbs.
Good find Kim-san!

Entered

No way to resist a race this close to home. No need to even stay overnight!

I've just entered, but the final result will be by lottery :(

Pucci, I just sent them an email about 'Foreigner capacity' for this race. We'll see what they response about this. (Of course, I know this procedure might be ridiculous and egoistic... but, many sports event in Japan is providing some slots for foreigners and they think that's a good idea to advertise their event. :warau:)

Kimm, thanks for the info. Yep, you're spot on, I'd love to do this one ;) Hope there are some spots left for us! And also a big yes to the reccy by car.

Pucci, I just sent them an email about 'Foreigner capacity' for this race. We'll see what they response about this. (Of course, I know this procedure might be ridiculous and egoistic... but, many sports event in Japan is providing some slots for foreigners and they think that's a good idea to advertise their event. :warau:)

Ir required, I can do the illiterate foriegner bit. :cool:

Signed up! I plan to 'level up' for this event - :)

I didnt get a place in the Norikura ballot, I think a lot of places go to last years entrants, so I might put my name down in the ballot for this race.

I just signed up this. :) Don't forget that first signup dead line is 15th of this month.

I've got an email from the race division(当選!tousen) and officially in this race. ;-)
Anybody else?

I'm in! September is perfect - that's my '1 year anniversary' Back on a bike. I'm gonna try hard as possible for this one! So looking forward to as many 'cappuccino rides' as possible to bust my you know what.

I am also confirmed, yay! Gonna need some brutal training over the summer, killing bears and wolves with a bicycle chain :ninja:

Back
Top Bottom