What's new

Ride Sunday Social

stu_kawagoe

Maximum Pace
Jun 23, 2018
Any Arakawa types fancy a ride up Shiraishi this Sunday morning? I was thinking about getting on the river near Kawagoe sometime around 6:30 - 7:00 so as to avoid the hottest part of the day. Let me know below if interested.

Actually sadamine was open until a week or so ago.
Oh, right. Do you know why it closed last week? How about the west side of Nihongi? I see a bit of activity on the Strava segment but not much. Looks like the east side is fine. I might not have ridden up that way before🤔

Last edited:
small landslide right at the top and full road repairs in the section that had a portion washed out. I came upon it in my Motorbike. Could have got through if they hadn't left a excavator blocking the road.
From what I could see you would still be able to get past on a bicycle if not in work hours. Some of the nihongi access points on the west side had toad closed signs at the bottom but not all. So it may be a case by case deal.

Oh, right. Do you know why it closed last week? How about the west side of Nihongi? I see a bit of activity on the Strava segment but not much. Looks like the east side is fine. I might not have ridden up that way before🤔

small landslide right at the top and full road repairs in the section that had a portion washed out. I came upon it in my Motorbike. Could have got through if they hadn't left a excavator blocking the road.
From what I could see you would still be able to get past on a bicycle if not in work hours. Some of the nihongi access points on the west side had toad closed signs at the bottom but not all. So it may be a case by case deal.
We ended up doing a standard out and back to Shiraishi today. Pretty hot but an enjoyable day out. I noticed they reopened Cycle Base at the bottom. Happy to see that!

Back
Top Bottom