What's new

Sunday ride 19 June

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
So... if the weather holds I'll lead a 100km loop taking in the Tamagawa, Asagawae, Takao-san, Tank Road, Onekan, and back to Tamagawa.

Meet at 9.00 a.m. at the Kawasaki side of Futago-bashi. Gotta find your own way there by train or bike. Ask if you're not sure how to do that. Optimistically back by 4 p.m.

Route Map: http://classic.mapmyride.com/route/jp/Tokyo/771130813967557223

There will be some climbing; notably the Otarumi Pass over Takao-san. Very scenic and for the most part very light or no traffic. Riverside cycle paths and rolling roads. Overall pace will be moderate. The cycle paths on the rivers can get crowded so we're not racing. Rest breaks every 20km or so. Early lunch at Fujiya Ramen on the mountain top.

This will be a good ride for you if you've done an Arakawa loop and want a new challenge, and if you want to build up some cycling stamina for the Norikura ride in July.

A few options to bail out - Takao, Sagamiko, Hashimoto.

RSVP not required. Just turn up at 9.00 if you think you're hard enough. But keep my number o8o-34o3-o239 handy, or post here in advance if you have questions or want to meet up somewhere en route.

Mike I'd LOVE to come, but this Sunday I have family plans :(

Looks like a good ride :bike:

Back
Top Bottom