What's new

Ride Sunday, November 18th, Mitsumine Autumn leaves ride

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

I'll be heading out to Mitsumine this Sunday (weather permitting). The plan is to ride out there then get the train back from either Chichibu or Ogawamachi. I haven't created the route yet but it will be something like the one below except we won't be riding back to the spaceship.

Route here

Time- 7:00am at the spaceship
Distance- not sure but probably around 170km (I'll update once I've created the proper route).
Climbing- under 3000m
Pace- leisurely (ish). WATT within reason.
Let me know if you are coming otherwise no one will be at the spaceship.

Cheers

I'm keen to test my legs! Can I meet you at the Family Mart in Tokigawa if you're heading out via Shiraishi?

Family Mart
〒355-0361 埼玉県Hiki-gun, 比企郡Momonoki, ときがわ町大字桃木8-1
0493-65-3455
https://goo.gl/maps/xnaGrWZdcvw

Hi, I'm interested in joining. I wouldn't be able to do the whole ride because I have to be back in Tokyo to take care of some things in the afternoon. If you pass through Chichibu on the way to Mitsumine, I could peel off there and jump on a train back.

Hi, I'm interested in joining. I wouldn't be able to do the whole ride because I have to be back in Tokyo to take care of some things in the afternoon. If you pass through Chichibu on the way to Mitsumine, I could peel off there and jump on a train back.
That should be no problem. We'll be heading through Chichibu whether we get the train Fromm ogawamachi or Chichibu so you'll easily be able to jump on the train at Chichibu.

Hi all

I've gone through the route and changed it to reflect what we'll actually be riding. Distance is now 173km from the Spaceship to Ogawamachi (and around 138km if you want to get the train from Seibu Chichibu station). RidewithGPS reckons the elevation gain is 3183m but I don't think it will be over 3000m, probably more like 2500. Please download the route and upload it to your cycling computer if you have one, just in case you get split up from the group. The temps are dropping at this time of your so I would bring some warmer clothes as we will be climbing up to almost 1200m and the temps up there will be much colder, especially when we descend.

Route here

Cheers

Mark

Hope to join, what time do you estimate rolling through Chichibu? And eki-mae meet there or Familymart? Cheers

Hope to join, what time do you estimate rolling through Chichibu? And eki-mae meet there or Familymart? Cheers
Great. We'll probably be rolling past Seibu Chichibu station around 10 to 10:30. I'll update this thread with our progress on Sunday morning.

Sry to pull out but can't resist weather today and invite to ride from Odawara, obviously a soft option. Enjoy your hills tomorrow. Look fwd to the next occasion.

Just had a spicy date moved up from next Thu for tonight. She can't wait to see me, and that means no way I'm getting outta there by Sunday AM. It's been a hard choice, but I'm gonna go for her over you this time @leicaman ;)

Sry to pull out but can't resist weather today and invite to ride from Odawara, obviously a soft option. Enjoy your hills tomorrow. Look fwd to the next occasion.

No worries. Beautiful weather today so can't blame you. Have a good one.
Just had a spicy date moved up from next Thu for tonight. She can't wait to see me, and that means no way I'm getting outta there by Sunday AM. It's been a hard choice, but I'm gonna go for her over you this time @leicaman ;)
Have fun

I'm still aiming to join, but as indicated earlier I'll have to bail on the first pass through Chichibu to get back to Tokyo by early afternoon. Barring an unforeseen issue, I'll be at the spaceship at 7.

I'm still aiming to join, but as indicated earlier I'll have to bail on the first pass through Chichibu to get back to Tokyo by early afternoon. Barring an unforeseen issue, I'll be at the spaceship at 7.
Good to hear. See you are the spaceship at 7

Back
Top Bottom