Ride Sunday morning ride is back!!!

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Hi TCC'ers,

The season is upon us. We are reinstating the Sunday morning ride. From this Sunday, April 9th.

Meeting place: Ys Road Tama River.
Time: 6:30 am.
Distance: about 140km
Climbing: 2,500m give or take.

It's early in the season so the we are looking to build up mileage and feel a little pain with the climbs. Not balls to the wall pace. And we stop at various conbinis along the way.

Come join us. Post on the site or send a PM.

Here is the route:

Forsbrook

Maximum Pace
Feb 13, 2008
Katsushika-ku
Good on you for reviving this.
I miss the TCC from days gone by.
It was so dynamic and there were rides and riders that were going everywhere.
I would love to know what really happened to this site.
Man,so few people post nowadays that me and Edogawakikkoman are back on here as main posters again,lol!

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Good on you for reviving this.
I miss the TCC from days gone by.
It was so dynamic and there were rides and riders that were going everywhere.
I would love to know what really happened to this site.
Man,so few people post nowadays that me and Edogawakikkoman are back on here as main posters again,lol!
Come join us. If not tomorrow, another Sunday. The more wheels the merrier.

Forsbrook

Maximum Pace
Feb 13, 2008
Katsushika-ku
Well you are free to join us slow or not.
Yeah a rainy day. Nobody out either on our route. But we ended up cutting it short.
Well you are free to join us slow or not.
Yeah a rainy day. Nobody out either on our route. But we ended up cutting it short.
Cheers for that.
It was very kind of you.
Seriously though,I am embarrassingly slow.
I'm glad you managed to get out yesterday.
Thanks and take care.

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
This Sunday we're taking the Kazahari Rindo up to Tominnomori. The last 6km of the climb averages about 11% - so bring your climbing legs! Quiet roads, fantastic vistas and plenty of climbing. We've got three people on the ride so far but we need more, so post below and sign up.

Meeting place: Ys Road Fuchu.
Time: Sunday, April 16th, 6:30 am.
Distance: about 100km
Climbing: 1800m

Route:

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
I might join, will confirm tomorrow and pm you my contact info
How long do you think will take, 3h?
With a couple of conbini breaks you should budget for about 5 hours in total. If you're short of time there are a bunch of spots to turn around.

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
WE are all getting our climbing legs back so I doubt 3 hours, more like 5 or 6. But then again Conrad does go like a bat outta hell right out of the gate. But if there are enough of us, he will have to follow our pace or he will be riding alone. :rolleyes:

Bruno BQ

Maximum Pace
Mar 9, 2015
Just realized you guys are meeting way up north, not on Futakotamagawa as I expected. I need 30km just to get to fuchu Y´s.
Getting there at 6 30 not gonna happen. I am sorry guys.

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Just realized you guys are meeting way up north, not on Futakotamagawa as I expected. I need 30km just to get to fuchu Y´s.
Getting there at 6 30 not gonna happen. I am sorry guys.
How about you hop on a train and get off at the nearest station to Ys Road?

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
I'd like to join your rides as well but the start time is kind of prohibitive for anyone that doesn't live in the immediate vicinity.

Of course you guys probably want to get back for some reason so it's cool maybe some days a later start might be possible!

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
The ride went ahead as planned, a good time was had by both of us and of course plenty of suffering on the killer climb. Great views, good road surface and quiet all the way up. I may post a later start time for next week's ride so keep an eye on this thread.

Gunjira

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2009
Tokyo
Great ride yesterday.

I'm about 25km out from the meeting point, so leave the house about 5:30. it's early, but if it's the only way for OP and me to have a longer ride and still fulfill family obligations it's a meaningful compromise. Once I'm on the bike and hauling ass to get to the meeting point in time, it barely matters that its early.

Raising hands for a 7AM start?