What's new

Sunday, May 15th - Arakawa/Green Line

Thanks for the GPS data, I stupidly stayed out too late tonight to be effective riding tomorrow. Will definitly try and make it out for the next Greenline adventure!

No worries Paul. Next time mate.

It ended up being just Takaaki and me today, but it was a great ride with one exception, which I'll get to in a minute. I arrived home with a total distance of 161km and about 1700m of vertical. Now to the exception, the weather was almost ideal all day, not too hot, not too chilly. However on the return leg along the exposed river, we were greeted by a horrendous headwind that just never let up. While we would normally be cruising at 30-35km/hr at this point, due to the head wind we were frequently held down to the very low 20's. It was painful! That being said despite my "complaining", we HTFU and just powered home.

I almost love every aspect of cycling, but riding in to a strong headwind is definitely on my list of dislikes. That being said, all in all, even with the last leg, it was a great ride! I'll be in Europe the next two weekends, but will be back on the Green Line attack when I get return. I hope to see more of you then!

It was a wonderful ride today.
Thanks again for this, Pete.

Somehow that terrible headwind stopped right after I split with Pete...:confused:

Have a safe trip and I'm looking forward to riding with you again.

Back
Top Bottom