What's new

Ride Sunday June 14 Greenline+ Ride

kruucks

Maximum Pace
Feb 3, 2019
EDIT: CANCELED

Wanted to plan for this weekend, but the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate.

I know that Tomin no Mori/Kazahari and Okutama are pretty popular, but I thought we might switch it up. This is a pretty hilly route that will take us through the Hanno Region.

Although this ride has more elevation than Tomin no Mori, it's broken up pretty nicely. I'm definitely not a climber, so I'll be advocating Party Pacing and WATT (wait at the top).

Some sections of mountain roads still have not had debris cleared from the typhoons from last summer. Bring a spare tube or two, but you can leave your hiking boots at home.

For those of you coming out from Tokyo, there are a few options. Ride along the Tama River Trail and a couple friends and I will meet you at the start/end point on the route below by 8:30. A little more than a kilometer from there is Haijima Station (拝島駅). Another option is Higashi-Agano Station (東吾野駅) at around the 20 mile/30 km mark. Between traffic and climbs, we should be there by 10:00. If you're planning on using Higashi-Agano to get back, you can break off at the 38 mile/60 km mark and cut across back to the station.

Start: 8:30AM near Haijima Station along the Tama River Trail here
End: 1:00~2:00PM depending on pace/stops at the same point
Pace: Party Pace, WATT, all aboard

https://www.strava.com/routes/28294063

NOTE: USING IMPERIAL UNITS ON THE SCREENSHOT BELOW

Greenline Ride.png

Last edited:
Count me in for June 14th. Party pace sounds perfect to a non-climber such as myself.

I am going to risk it and go to Iriyama Toge/Wada tomorrow, bright and early if anyone fancy a ride. Will be riding along the Tama and go on the route 20 then 521. (Jimba)

Forecast has been back and forth all week but its looking more and more like we're going to be rained out. I'm a delicate flower made of sugar, so if the forecast is still calling for rain on Saturday I'm going to reschedule. Is anyone available to ride during the week? If not, we'll shoot for next weekend.

even if it's dryish or slight rain on Sunday, it's been raining Thu Fri and Sat and the greenline will be pretty messed up and treacherous. I'd postpone if I were you. and if this is on for the following weekend 20-21st (weather permitting) I might consider joining you from where you start up the greenline (and rinkoing to hanno first)

Looks like a great course! My usual stomping ground is the bottom part of the Green Line.

I've only been up it the once as it was closed for ages, but this segment would be pretty nice to try in the future:

I quite fancy riding down the other way as the gradient isn't too steep (average 3%) but it's long and tree lined most of the way so it should feel fast and fun (and hopefully a little safer than some of its brothers and sisters around Hanno).

Enjoy your ride!

even if it's dryish or slight rain on Sunday, it's been raining Thu Fri and Sat and the greenline will be pretty messed up and treacherous. I'd postpone if I were you. and if this is on for the following weekend 20-21st (weather permitting) I might consider joining you from where you start up the greenline (and rinkoing to hanno first)

Yep, let's try this again on the 21st.

Looks like we won't be catching a break in the weather this Sunday either. Might have to post a last minute thread in the future.

you can't win sometimes. looks like a decent rainfall is heading to kanto from tonight all the way to Sat morning at least, perhaps only to return again on Sunday. rain season is upon us, and right after that we have the sauna season waiting..... I may post a ride for mid October or so ;)

Back
Top Bottom