What's new

Sunday, June 12th - Green Line Area

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
It looks like it will be a good day for cycling tomorrow. Anyone interested in some climbs and rindo's around the Green Line? If you haven't been there it's a particularly beautiful area!

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1500-2000m
Distance: 155-170km estimated

As usual, the basic plan is to ride up the Arakawa, out to the climb, up to the Green Line and from there some yet to be determined loop back to Tokyo. Expect minimal traffic and congestion, and long turns between when you actually need to stop and put your foot on the ground.

I'm happy to adjust the pace and difficulty level dependent upon who joins. Let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions.

It ended up being just Fumiki-san and me, but what a great ride! Little to no traffic for most of the way and with it being very overcast, no rain, and hovering around 20 degrees, it was great cycling weather all day!

Here is my GPS data: http://ridewithgps.com/trips/277813

There are a lot of climbs, descents and various rindos in the Green Line area yet to be explored! I hope some more people will join in for the next one.

If it is on a Saturday and with a little advance warning I can likely make it to the next one. Glad you had a great ride.

Back
Top Bottom