What's new

Ride Sunday Jan 5, 9:15am: Chiba prefecture Basil's Choshi Loop

Stormy

Speeding Up
Aug 2, 2012
Hi all,

I am thinking of riding both days this coming weekend, so for Sunday I propose a very flat course out in Chiba prefecture. I shamelessly copied Basil's Choshi Loop.

Starting point: Sakura (Chiba) station
Start time: 9:15am (I am going to take the direct train from Shinagawa at 8:01am)
Distance: 168km
Climbing: Probably around 500m total

Would be great to have some company.

Cheers,
Norman

Hi Norman and Musashi,

It was fun riding with you last week, and I'm 100% definite for this ride too.

I'm flying back to London on Monday, so it will be my final ride in Japan for a while (probably until summer).

I'll arrive at Keiseisakura station at 08:45 and then put my bike together and cycle over to JR Sakura station.

See you in the morning!

Great riding with you Will and Darragh. I was shattered after the first 100km. Glad there were not more hills. The Choshi highlands already killed me ;)

I was shattered after the first 100km

Norman, that's rubbish, because you were taking your turns on the front after that and then doing most of the pulling on the front around 130km to 150km, when Darragh and I were worn out.

Although it was mostly flat, it was 168km at a good pace throughout, so still good training miles, especially for you (pushing those big gears - I hardly saw your chain out of the 11 sprocket on the back!).

I look forward to riding with you guys again when I return Tokyo in summer.

@Stormy, you do a great impression of someone with loads more in the tank despite being shattered:oops:

That ride was a full five and a half hours on the rivet for me, the last 30km felt as long as the first 130km. It was long, flat, fast, and painful. I won't be doing it again!

I really do not enjoy climbing but a ride as long as that with barely any hills may be worse, jus sayin'.

@William London, have a relaxing flight back to England tomorrow and tuck into a fried breakfast for me when you get there.

Back
Top Bottom