What's new

Sunday, February 26th - Arakawa to Takao (Redo)

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Due to ice, last week's ride got cancelled, and due to yesterday's rain that ride was postponed. So... let's give this another go, shall we!

Similar route to the one that Alan, Naomi, Eugen and I did two weeks ago, minimal traffic and plenty of rolling hills and minor climbs. We'll make two conbini stops, the first at 55.5km (Mini-Stop) and the second at 89.5 (Family Mart). Perhaps we'll do a late lunch again in Takao. We'll probably arrive there between 2:15-3:00pm.

INFO:
Meet Time: 8:00am
Route: (ROUTE)
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Distance: 123km
Climbing: 1600-1800m

Please, note that while it's definitely not full speed, we are moving out of the LSD rides and picking up the intensity a bit. Hope to see you there!

Well despite the lack of responses on this thread, it looks like we'll have a good turn out tomorrow.

• 100% (Committed): Me, Takaaki, Alan, Naomi, Eugen, Scandiman
  • 50-70% (Maybe): Travis, Fumiki
  • 10% (Not likely): Sergei (Come on Sergei!) :D

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone. See you in the morning! :)

Wow, great ride with a great turn out! If I counted correctly we had 11 cyclists:
  • Alan
  • Naomi
  • Tim
  • Eugen
  • Takaaki
  • Steve
  • Travis
  • James Ferrer
  • Scandiman
  • DeltaForce
  • Me
Travis is well known for his top notch write ups so I will leave the honor to him if he has it in him. In any event, thank you to each and everyone of you... great ride! Let's do it again soon! :D

Pete, everyone, thank you!
I was completely knackered by the 24% climb:angel:

Eugen

I finally got around to join one of the west side group rides. More of that!

Thanks for organizing Pete. Nice to meet you all. And sorry for having to leave immediately upon arriving takao, just made it back in time for some babysitting I had committed to.

Frode

Yeah, that was an unplanned surprise... it kept going and going... I was totally wrecked!! :eek:

Thanks so much everyone today! especially Pete to organize the Arakawa-Takao ride today.
You have shown many nice courses so far, so I already look forward to the next one:)

Yeah, that was an unplanned surprise... it kept going and going... I was totally wrecked!! :eek:

↑↑↑:eek: Are you sure?
It almost killed my legs:warau:

Naomi

Brilliant ride ! :D Bloody knackered. :eek:uch:

And so now it's official. LSD season is over. :(

Thanks for putting this ride together Pete !

Cheers
Steve

Yep can honestly say that from my kneck of the woods too.

Pete, everyone, thank you!
I was completely knackered by the 24% climb:angel:

Eugen

I finally got around to join one of the west side group rides. More of that!

Thanks for organizing Pete. Nice to meet you all. And sorry for having to leave immediately upon arriving takao, just made it back in time for some babysitting I had committed to.

Frode

Thanks so much everyone today! especially Pete to organize the Arakawa-Takao ride today.
You have shown many nice courses so far, so I already look forward to the next one:)

↑↑↑:eek: Are you sure?
It almost killed my legs:warau:

Naomi

Brilliant ride ! :D Bloody knackered. :eek:uch:

And so now it's official. LSD season is over. :(

Thanks for putting this ride together Pete !

Cheers
Steve

It was absolutely my pleasure! Thank you all for making it a great ride!

Great ride! I miscalculated in assuming that a 'ride to Takao' would be mainly flattish with a few manageable rouleurs. Well, ahem, the more than several 18% + grades plus the somewhat extended 20% - 30% mash definitely took its toll on me. Too bad I couldn't go on to Takao - but did manage to make it home in time to build up a new bike for Gunnar! Thanks for the great ride , everyone! And I loved seeing the GSA colors on the road!

It's always fun to ride with many fellows from TCC.
Pete, Thanks for organising this and I'm looking forward to the next one already !

Takaaki

Great ride! I miscalculated in assuming that a 'ride to Takao' would be mainly flattish with a few manageable rouleurs. Well, ahem, the more than several 18% + grades plus the somewhat extended 20% - 30% mash definitely took its toll on me. Too bad I couldn't go on to Takao - but did manage to make it home in time to build up a new bike for Gunnar! Thanks for the great ride , everyone! And I loved seeing the GSA colors on the road!

It's always fun to ride with many fellows from TCC.
Pete, Thanks for organising this and I'm looking forward to the next one already !

Takaaki

Thank you Tim and Takaaki! You two are my main riding buddies and have pushed me to ride farther, faster and harder than ever before, so I'm indebted to you both! It's going to be a great year and I'm looking forward to racking up some serious vertical with both of you!

I've just recovered enough to turn on my computer.

Thanks for leading that Pete, it was a really nice route along the river and through some wooded areas.

I hated that really steep climb though.:eek: I'll have to train a little harder for next time.:warau:

Dave

Damn, I am regretting not joining it! Could you post the route, please, Pete. I am eager to check out those killer climbs :D

I will definitely add this route into my Haute Route training schedule - so look forward to more + alpha. I think adding in Otarumi at the Takao end , then come back via the river will be just about right. Will need a full day to complete, though.

Back
Top Bottom