What's new

Half Fast Sunday Feb 17th Intermediate ride?

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
I hear there is a ride tomorrow, Sunday Feb 17th, an intermediate Arakawa ride, 55Km. Start at 11:00 AM at the Roppongi Hyatt, IIRC. I'm thinking about going, been a while since I had a ride besides doing beer deliveries. Injust hope I can keep up, and I hope it's not as windy tomorrow as it was today!
Hope to see some of you out there.
Cheers

I'm thinking about riding up to Saitema to heckle to CX'ers. It's past season, they should be on road bikes by now and there are likely no pretzels. What better time to agonize the protagonists? Same as Arakawa - but in the northerly direction ... anyone interested in a detour?

I hear there is a ride tomorrow, Sunday Feb 17th, an intermediate Arakawa ride, 55Km. Start at 11:00 AM at the Roppongi Hyatt, IIRC. I'm thinking about going, been a while since I had a ride besides doing beer deliveries. Injust hope I can keep up, and I hope it's not as windy tomorrow as it was today!
Cheers

Yeah I am going up to the cx if the weather is alright.

Will be passing through the usual meeting spot of rt.16 / arakawa

Is there a way to get from Hino (right by Tachikawa) to the meeting spot without trolling through traffic the entire way?

Is there a way to get from Hino (right by Tachikawa) to the meeting spot without trolling through traffic the entire way?

I think so, this is the mail I got from Don....

Chilly bikers,

I'm planning nothing for Saturday, but Sunday, at 8 degrees and mostly sunny, looks okay for a 55-km, intermediate-level Tama River Loop.
Easy but fast.
Start at the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills at 11:00 a.m.

Alternate rendezvous points:

KFC in Ebisu @ 11:30
Intersection of Kan-Nana and Komazawa-Dori @ 11:45
Komazawa Park @ noon
Bridge at Futako-Tamagawa (Kanazawa side) @ 12:20
Gas Bashi @ 12:45 or 1:00.
Long break at Jonan Jima seaside park (across from Haneda) at 1:30. Convenience store lunch. Please contact me if one of these meeting spots applies to you. Back by 3:00 or 3:30.

Does that help?

Don says to call him and tell him if you are going to meet the ride at one of those points, I'll PM you his cell number, I don't wish to post it here.

Cheers!

Got the PM, thanks, and I'll see if there is a way to get down to those areas without riding in traffic the entire time.

I usually don't care, but metro tokyo traffic is not my idea of fun.

Cheers

I'm going to bow out, that's a lot of river riding for one day. About 120km. Enjoy the spin

I'm thinking about riding up to Saitema to heckle to CX'ers. It's past season, they should be on road bikes by now and there are likely no pretzels.

LOL we don't need to do LSD training and sit in coffee shops looking cool as we put on no weight in the winter as we are hard as nails and keep racing - oh and look cool doing it :D

Big Up to Owen who actually came up to watch the racing although I don't think it could have been much fun for him sitting around in the cold, especailly after working up a sweat in that nasty headwind!

Many thanks for cheering me on Owen and also calling out the split - I got caught up in a crash and a slow group in the single track on lap 1 and 2 and by that time they were gone!

Well that was fun, thanks again to Don who lead the ride, we had nine riders in all. I have to say I'm badly out of shape, the ride killed me, I had to dig deep a few times to keep up :eek:

Total for me was 69 Km, and it was too fast for a LSD ride, my HRM says I spent 57 min in the zone 112 - 147 bpm and 2 hours and 31 min above the zone, and zero time below the zone, maybe my "Zone" is wrong? It says my max HR was 218 :eek: can't be true can it? Avg HR of 153 for the whole ride. Ride time was 3 hours and 29 min, I burned 3132 calories according to the HRM.

I guess I'm going to have to start some Fat Bastard rides :eek: :D

Great ride, I hope to get some more in soon!

PS the Lrrb bike ran perfect!

Back
Top Bottom