Sunday, August 28th - Green Line

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
Another Green Line adventure this time returning to Tokyo by train. The precise route is yet to be determined, but as usual we'll be meeting at the Family Mart and heading up the Arakawa. Currently it looks like we have a group of 6 cyclists. Please, join us if you can.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1200-1800m
Distance: 120-140km

Jun 9, 2011
tokyo
got spooked by the some light rain this morning so icount me in for this ride. will you be departing from nezu again tomorrow? if so i'd like to meet up somewhere along your route near komagome.

bird

Speeding Up
Nov 30, 2010
Kawasaki
Couldn't join the Tsukuba ride today (had to work until this morning...slept all afternoon but still tired), but I think I can manage to join you folks tomorrow.

Anyone else planning NOT to take train to return?

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
Pete, thanks for organising and guiding the ride today. Super route into the Chichibu mountains and a delicious soba lunch!
The run up the Arakawa was quite relaxed; the climb up to the Green Line was a slippery challenge. I caught Fumiki-san and he looked back and said "oh.....it's you!" "Yes it is" i replied and we had a good little scrap getting to the top.

After you turned towards the station the TCC "High Speed Train" rolled back to Tokyo. The descent off the Green Line was superb, nice and dry unlike the climb and we rocketed down towards Kawagoe. A few stops along the way for drink refills, then we got to the Arakawa path again and Eugen pulled us all southwards at 38km/h! And a kind gent gave us some ice for our bottles! Only downside was a painful bee sting on my leg on the way home - Ouch!

See you next time,
AW.

Jun 9, 2011
tokyo
thanks for organizing and leading the way, pete. the climb was super slippery so i had to walk parts of it (that's the excuse i'm using for walking anyway) but i still felt like i was able to get some revenge on the green line for having kicked my so thoroughly the last time i was out there.