What's new

Sunday Aug. 26 - Takao-Tomin no mori

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Hi All,

I have put together a medium distance climby route that I will ride on this coming sunday, hope you can join me. We will meet at Takao station and head over Takaosan, then stop briefly at Fujino to fill up with water, then through the mountains to reach the beginning of the ascent for Tomin no mori.

All climbs are WATT (wait at the top), and as there are 3 climbs worth noting so I recommend that you pace yourself. I have rode all on the route a few times, there are several drink machines along the way and the temps are around 26-30 degrees. The only thing to look out for is the lack of water or anything between kilometre 32 and 40, so I suggest a slight detour at the bottom of the descent to refill before the next sections.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1606946
When: Sunday August 26 @ 7am or Fujino at 8am
Distance 80.6km
Start: Takao station 7am, alternative start: Fujino station 8am
Finish: Musashi itsukaiichi station, alternative finish: Takao station (for those who want to ride more)

Josh,

Was hoping to join you, but turned out that I have to be back in the city by noon...
Maybe I'll be able to join you for the first half.
Will check the map and the logistics, and will get back to you.

Chikako

Josh,

Was hoping to join you, but turned out that I have to be back in the city by noon...
Maybe I'll be able to join you for the first half.
Will check the map and the logistics, and will get back to you.

Chikako

Sounds good, hope you can make it even for the first half before Tomin no mori. It's a nice set of climbs and descents.

Looks interesting, but gettin to Takao at 7 am might be a challenge. If I leave at 5 am that should give me so me the time. Count me in but I cannot promise I will wake up on time so if I'm more than 5 minutes late you can leave without me. I'll try to catch up along the route.

I blame my iPhone for the messed up spelling and grammar

Nice try Eric ;)

I hope you can make it to Takao for 7ish, but I also think you can catch up on the Takao climb or at Fujino as I will be keeping a tempo ride until there (riding at high cadence to preserve the energy and legs for the real climbs)

I usually end up at Fujino around 8am.

Josh,

I will follow you to the foot of the tomin-no-mori climb (at around 40km point on the map), and from there either go on following your route straight to Musashi-itsukaichi, or turn around and head down to Uenohara, depending on the time.

Either way, I'll meet you at Takao 7am Sunday.
Will ride out if I wake up early enough and am feeling good.

See you then!

Josh,

I will follow you to the foot of the tomin-no-mori climb (at around 40km point on the map), and from there either go on following your route straight to Musashi-itsukaichi, or turn around and head down to Uenohara, depending on the time.

Either way, I'll meet you at Takao 7am Sunday.
Will ride out if I wake up early enough and am feeling good.

See you then!

Sounds great:thumb:

tomorrow AM

Chikako and Eric,

I missed my train last night and pulled an all-nighter in Shimokitazawa so I am super bagged but I am hoping a good nights sleep will help, but if I am not there by 7:10am @takao then please go on without me.

I hope to be feeling better with a good sleep, but I guess I am getting old because the all-nighter's kill me for about 48 hours after.

Sorry to possibly bail or be late to my own ride:eek:

Josh,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Since I don't have a GPS, I alone won't be able to follow the route you've mapped us....using the iPhone is an option but it's a bit of a fuss during the actual ride.

Hummm... tough decision, but considering the uncertainty at the moment, I'm not heading out to Takao tomorrow morning.

See you next time, and take care!

Well if I go I'm leaving at 5 am and I don't want to do this one alone... I guess I'll see you next time then. Rest up!

Thanks both,

I needed a good solid sleep, I will repost this ride in a few weeks as I will be in Chino next weekend.

I hope you both did a ride today, again sorry about bailing.

Next time for sure:bike:

Back
Top Bottom