What's new

Sunday 9th Okutama Loop

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Hi All,
The weather's looking better for the weekend, now the Typhoon is past us.

Naomi-san and I are planning to ride the Okutama loop from Musashi-Itsukaichi over Tomi-no-mori and down the side of Okutama-ko on Sunday. We'll be rolling at 10am. Come & join us if you like :)

I would love to join you, Alan, but I have to work on Sunday... :hammer:

Okutama Loop Question

Hello,

I found this map of a ride around Okutamako. I wonder if you could tell me if this is route that you are referring to? If it is, do you recommend one direction over another? Is the ascent and descent about equal either way you go?

http://chizuz.com/map/map2061.html

Any info would be great!

Thank you,

William

Hey where can I meet you?

:bike:Hey Alan I would like to do that ride, but where can I meet you? Possibly Itsukiachi station? Let me know Alan. :bike:

Meeting Point

Shay,
Meet us in front of Itsukaichi station. We'll be there around 9:45 am. I'll pm you my mobile number just in case.

AW.

Hello,

I found this map of a ride around Okutamako. I wonder if you could tell me if this is route that you are referring to? If it is, do you recommend one direction over another? Is the ascent and descent about equal either way you go?

http://chizuz.com/map/map2061.html

Any info would be great!

Thank you,

William

William,
That's pretty much the route, although I start at the station at the end of the line (midway between between 3 and 4 on your map) and don't go so far east.

I recommend doing this route clockwise. That avoids the long drag up Route 411 (where there are many tunnels). The climb to Tomi-no-Mori is, I think, easier from the south side, although there's not much in it.

AW.

sorry

guys (and Gals)

sorry but I have to be in the office sunday - the wife arrives monday so I need to put some hours in over the weekend to be able to bive her the time that is demanded! On that score I will not be a la bicyclette until 16th when she flies home.
This is not the best prep for an assault on Fuji but I'll still give it my best!

Enjoy the ride those that go

Greg

Distance

How long is the overall distance of this loop? I live in Hiroo and if my schedule allows, I would love to join you guys. I could take a train to get to the Itsukaichi Station or ride directly. If I ride all the way, it is a bit more than 50 Km each way. It will take about 2 hours. But, if I take a train, it takes an hour and 45 minutes. So, the door to door time would be about the same.

If the loop is less than 60-70Km, I guess it is durable.

Would you let me know the distance and confirm the name of the station is Itsukaichi? You mean Musashi-Itsukaichi? Cause JR Itsukaichi is in Hiroshima Prefecture... I would not go that far in the morning.... haha.

Thanks.

Hiro

Route Details

Hiro,
The route is about 90 km, and the station is indeed Mushashi-Itsukaichi. There is a big hill (1150m) at Tomi-no-Mori to get over.

Let me know if you are coming.
Cheers,
AW.

I see the route takes place along the river. I was at Arakawa today, and its flooded after the typhoon. What about that river? It is okay?

Alan and Naomi, sorry my ride plans changed. me and a couple riders from the base decided to roll Haneda, since we were up and running the road at 5:30am. GOMEN you two awesome riders. Plus the guys from the base didn't want too see Naomi Aka "Go Go Girl Assasin" dance on the pedals and pass them on the climb like the Tour de Westside! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom