私は今週の水曜日, 山下公園からLSDトレーニングライドを先導します。集合時間は午前08:00。最小限の休憩と、上りも込みで適度にゆっくり走る予定です。

多分、ライダーが脂肪燃焼して減量するための、また2012年のレースシーズンへの耐久性を養うための理想的なライドです。

コースは天候状況によるのでその日に決めますが、集合と解散は 山下公園

水のボトルを2本と、ライドの間に摂る食べ物を持参するか前もって購入するかしてください。昼食時にボトルに水を補給します。

日 程 : 2月5日(日曜日)
集合時間 : 08:00
集合場所 : 山下公園

Sunday 5th Feb - L.S.Distance training Ride

To continue with the base training over the course of 3 weeks I will be leading another LSD ride on Wednesday.

Meeting place: Yamashita Koen, Yokohama
Time: 08:00am
Course: Miura Hanto (Peninsular) Course to be decided on later this week.

These LSD rides are ridden in heart rate zone 1 and 2 (recovery zones) to build base. These are not hammerfest rides so if you are looking for a fast paced ride these are not it. Also if you get a head on the climbs I ask that you loop back to the last man climbing so that we are not waiting for everyone to get dressed and on the bikes again!

Temps are much warmer along the coast and also the terrain is suitable for standard cranks

James,

I go to Nikko for XC ski with my old family members as instructor !
Next time !

Fumiki

I'll see about changing up my work schedule to go on this route again! Just love the area

James,
Naomi-san and I will join this ride (even though we have compact cranks :D). See you at 8am at Yamashita koen.

AW.

I am also planning on joining this one.

I'm still considering whether to take the bike bag route for part of the way to Yamashita koen (Motomachi-Chukagai station) or cycle all the way.

Where is the exact meeting place for this?

/Andreas

The "Happy Lawson" convenience store is on the left edge of the park when looking out at the ocean.

Will we be stopping at the same lunch spot as last Sunday? The maguro don was legendary.

I'm beginning to really feel the benefit of these LSDs now. My commutes have been rather zippy this week. Not so many mamachari passing me.

I'll be riding down from Azamino again. See you all at Lawsons.

Dave

Will we be stopping at the same lunch spot as last Sunday? The maguro don was legendary.

I'm beginning to really feel the benefit of these LSDs now. My commutes have been rather zippy this week. Not so many mamachari passing me.

I'll be riding down from Azamino again. See you all at Lawsons.

Dave

Yep -same lunch spot. :D

I am also planning on joining this one.

I'm still considering whether to take the bike bag route for part of the way to Yamashita koen (Motomachi-Chukagai station) or cycle all the way.

Joe, I understand that you will be riding a compact bike tomorrow; if this is the case then I can't guarantee that you will be able to keep with the pace. As the whole point of this kind of ride is continuous exertion if we do get separated the only place that you would be able to rejoin the group is at the lunch stop in Misaki Port, however once the group has eaten we will proceed along the course.

My longest ride on the current bike was 101 km, so I decided not to get too ambitious upfront: I'll cycle the 7 km to Jiyugaoka to catch a train down to Minatomirai (2 km from Yamashita park) for meeting up at Lawson.

It looks like the previous Miura L.S.D. was 1.5 hours riding, a 15 minute break, 1.5 hours riding, a one hour lunch break, 2 hours riding, a 25 minutes break and another 2 hours riding.

The last ride was a little different as one of the new riders was having issues with his knee and cleat and we had to stop to correct it. He then bailed at Kamakura station thus the breaks. The one previous to that there was onlyh two short breaks.

I just thought I would mention that we can't guarantee that you will be able to keep with the pace and that we will not be a operaing a WAT system, to avoid any misunderstanding or disapointment.

Joe, I understand that you will be riding a compact bike tomorrow; if this is the case then I can't guarantee that you will be able to keep with the pace. As the whole point of this kind of ride is continuous exertion if we do get separated the only place that you would be able to rejoin the group is at the lunch stop in Misaki Port, however once the group has eaten we will proceed along the course.

If you drop me on this trip, the reason won't be the size of my bike's wheels as it has sufficient gearing (22-92 gear inches), reasonable weight and narrow tyres. The reason would be my level of training after only 4 months. In that case don't worry about me, I'll complete the tour on my own, even though it will be more fun with the group :)

The Bike Friday Pocket Rocket is not an intermodal commuter bike like a Brompton, or some cheap shopping bike but a road bike that also folds. It's as slow or as fast as the guy sitting on it. I could take my son's 700c carbon frame road bike and the outcome would probably be exactly the same, except he doesn't have a bike bag for it, so I'd arrive after two hours of exercise before we get started from Yokohama.

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends and to the ride.

Joe,

Thanks for the brief - although in my professional opinion would disagree.

Just thought I would bring it up to avoid disapointment as previously when these rides started there were no disclaimers - however those that have been regulars have stated things are getting a little quicker now.

guys, highly recommend you try "kuroba tei" in misaki. its a couple of hundred meters before the port. slightly off the main road.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...roba_tei-Miura_Kanagawa_Prefecture_Kanto.html

http://www.kurobatei.com/

probably late but may run into you guys around totsuka... we've got a crew leaving gotanda at 7:15 going down rt 1 then rt 16 to Kurihama to take the ferry to boso. while you eat maguro at misaki, whale is on the menu for this crew (and i'm not referring to myself).

Just thought I would bring it up to avoid disapointment as previously when these rides started there were no disclaimers - however those that have been regulars have stated things are getting a little quicker now.

James, I've been asking questions about your LSD rides before because I'm genuinely interested in longer distance rides than I've been doing with Half-Fast Cycling. The only way to find out if what is a moderate speed ride for you is manageable for me is to give it a try.

I'm not a racer, never have been. I don't actually expect that with my four months of non-mamachari riding I'll be able to hang on to the group for the whole ride (not after even Half-Fast Mike described it as "surreptitious replacement of your quad muscles with as much soggy, painful tofu"), but hopefully I'll last longer than the first hour. We'll see :)

If nothing else, you're giving me an excuse to get out there and go for the distance, with or without the group.

James, I've been asking questions about your LSD rides before because I'm genuinely interested in longer distance rides than I've been doing with Half-Fast Cycling. The only way to find out if what is a moderate speed ride for you is manageable for me is to give it a try.

I'm not a racer, never have been. I don't actually expect that with my four months of non-mamachari riding I'll be able to hang on to the group for the whole ride (not after even Half-Fast Mike described it as "surreptitious replacement of your quad muscles with as much soggy, painful tofu"), but hopefully I'll last longer than the first hour. We'll see :)

If nothing else, you're giving me an excuse to get out there and go for the distance, with or without the group.

IMHO, that is the winning attitude! If you get dropped you get dropped. So be it. Just keep at it, and ride after ride you'll hang on to the group longer and longer until eventually you stay with the group for the whole ride.

Back
Top Bottom