What's new

Ride Sunday 3rd Yamabushi greenline bonanza!

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
A ride 3.png
So this weeks Mlac Peek's Sunday festival of pain and suffering will depart from the spaceship at 6:30 (no-one else) or 7:00(Tokyoites joining) or 7:30. (Chibarians joining)
It will go up the first set of lights then turn to Tokorozawa and via the dam on Arima touge maybe, climb Yamabushi touge.
After that we will meditate to the greenline and seek inner peace.
Options for people would be down to Hanno and a train home. Along the greenline to Ogawamachi and a different train home. Or ride back via Arakawa.

Map of the ride....
image.jpeg

All estimate distances....
Hanno version less than 100km
Ogawamachi version 120km
The whole lap 170km

@Andy in Tokyo where are you mate?

Last edited:
View attachment 13629
So this weeks Mlac Peek's Sunday festival of pain and suffering will depart from the spaceship at 6:30 (no-one else) or 7:00(Tokyoites joining) or 7:30. (Chibarians joining)
It will go up the first set of lights then turn to Tokorozawa and via the dam on Arima touge maybe, climb Yamabushi touge.
After that we will meditate to the greenline and seek inner peace.
Options for people would be down to Hanno and a train home. Along the greenline to Ogawamachi and a different train home. Or ride back via Arakawa.

All estimate distances....
Hanno version less than 100km
Ogawamachi version 120km
The whole lap 170km

@Andy in Tokyo where are you mate?

Want a pithy poster comment or sommat?

Feel free to start on your quest for inner peace/the greenline any time you like.

Feel free to mention the fact that he has yet again posted a ride with no map, despite PROMISING ON HIS LIFE that he would never commit such a sin again.

Just taking the opportunity for an injury status report?

Ahh I see. Well in that case, very kind of you to ask. It seems to be coming along. No pain to speak of other than from the strain put on other muscles by the horrifically designed shoulder brace. Not being able to use my wan... I mean writing hand fucking sucks, though.

If all goes well I'll be able to take the brace off next week and start getting the full range of movement back, which will take three weeks or so.

Checked over my bike and clothing post-crash a few days ago. It looks like there's no real damage to the bike apart from a scuffed shifter, and nothing more than a slight paint mark on my backpack where (I guess) I hit the curb. Tis weird.

I may well join this ride for the sole reason that @theBlob 's map is so goddamn amazing. Although, having said that, I may be riding Saturday instead.

I'm in. Thanks for posting an ace map by the way - I have studied it and it makes perfect sense to me. We basically get on that road and follow it and it goes all the way past Tokorozawa, up Yamabushi and onto the Greenline and finally back down the Arakawa yeah? I'm pretty sure there might another conbini stop in there somewhere too, maybe just after the squiggly bit before the Arakawa. I reckon we'll be alright if we do a little detour though.

See you on Sunday!

Map of the ride....
image-jpeg.13635

So simple, yet....so beautiful in its own right.
I may Picasso my way to this ride.
F/ing brilliant map!

Have you set a start time yet?

If I manage to wake up in time I will most likely train out and meet you at top of yamabushi, if I'm not there just carry on as I most likely woke up too late :)

How about 7am spaceship.
You could take 3 options for meeting us along the way. From the map I posted you can see the rough estimates of how long it will take to get wherever we might be going.

1) Get off the train at Hanno and Join the jaunt before Yamabushi.
2) You could get off at one of the little stations near where we cross the 299 and meet us as we go up to greenline, or down too the greenline. If that was the plan we could meet at that small restaurant in between the 299 and Yamabushi.
3) You could get off at Chichibu and ride back to yamabushi!

I've got my folks with me now and they take a taxi from my place 5:15am Sunday which leaves me awake and needing to do something after a week of entertaining and staying off the bike. It'll let the wife relax more if I'm out. So, I'm in! 7:00am at the Spaceship works well for me.

Thanks for the Maps @D'Pioneer No Arima. I was thinking maybe up to the dam only if we felt like a small detour. Otherwise it's straight up Yamabushi. We could go down Sadamine and back over through Tokigawa if we are feeling good on the greenline as well.

Slow ass trains! My plan to head out to yamabushi and set up a photoshoot on the climb doesn't seem to work out too well, say it take you guys about 2h40m (according to the starva file) to get to yamabushi, I would still have to hop on a 7:15 train to get there in time... if I could wake up I might as well join from the start hehe.
We'll see what happens. But if I'm not there don't wait :)

Back
Top Bottom