What's new

Ride Sunday 28th Kuroyamasantaki Fights Back

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
This week we start from the Spaceship. Usual stomp up the river before breakfast. Once we're in the hills we'll zip up Kuroyamasantaki. Depending on the group, the weather and how we feel, we can muck around on the greenline for a bit or stick to the route and make for the exit. As always, fun with selfies, burning lungs, screaming legs and lots of laughs. Who's coming?
image.jpg

When: Sunday 28th August 2016
What: Kuroyamasantaki Fights Back
Meeting: Spaceship 5:30am https://goo.gl/maps/yd6gCcKDeyQ2
Distance: 140km+

Last edited:
FYI, did about 110km on the river today and had the bizarre experience of completely dry weather until the spaceship, then got soaked for three hours, then completely dry retuning home south of the spaceship. Obviously a vortex.
Needless to say, north of the spaceship the roads get messy real quick, so even if it doesn't rain tomorrow be prepared to get wet and dirty. Saw one bridge where the water was less than 50cm from breaching.
May join for the first 50-60km depending on how keen I am on trashing my bike. Again.

I have a thing around midday so can't do it but I may ride up that way and do a U-turn. I will say hello and goodbye or I won't, at this stage I am undecided:tup

FYI, did about 110km on the river today and had the bizarre experience of completely dry weather until the spaceship, then got soaked for three hours, then completely dry retuning home south of the spaceship. Obviously a vortex.
Needless to say, north of the spaceship the roads get messy real quick, so even if it doesn't rain tomorrow be prepared to get wet and dirty. Saw one bridge where the water was less than 50cm from breaching.
May join for the first 50-60km depending on how keen I am on trashing my bike. Again.

Cheers for the report @Cory M. - the weather does look dodgy this weekend but hopefully there'll be little to no rain and only cloud cover. It'd be great to catch up if you come along even for just a bit tomorrow morning.

I have a thing around midday so can't do it but I may ride up that way and do a U-turn. I will say hello and goodbye or I won't, at this stage I am undecided:tup

Cool. May or may not see you there or thereabouts.

@Mlac Peek Alas, a flat ride for me from here tomorrow, if the rain allows it.
Should be there next week though.
Enjoy!

@Mlac Peek Alas, a flat ride for me from here tomorrow, if the rain allows it.
Should be there next week though.
Enjoy!
I might stay on the flats myself if the weather stays nasty. It's raining here now so could be a wet one tomorrow - the roads will be wet whatever.

So @kawa and I met at the appointed time and rode up the river in a light drizzle. It wasn't too bad and once we hit Kawagoe the rain eased off completely, so we enjoyed a fairly leisurely pace through Sakado town and over to the 7-Eleven on the 172 before Shiraishi. The mountains were covered in mist and the rain started falling as soon as we left the conbi. By that time I had already decided to abandon the route as I know what it's like in the mist and soft pattering rain at 800m elevation; sounds lovely but the roads would be awash with debris, small sharp rocks and a greasy film of surface mud, making for some dodgy descents. Besides, @kawa had to be home by 11am so why not keep him company back down the river? I ended up going all the way down to the port with a very cruisy tailwind. @kawa peeled off near Adachi and after reaching the end of the road I turned around and hit the headwind all the way back to Todashi. Not a bad endurance workout at all.

Selfies:-
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom