What's new

Ride Sunday 24th LSD

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
Okay folks, if the weather allows it I'm heading upriver early Sunday for some off-season conditioning. Nothing too serious, mostly flat with a couple of small hills to keep the heart rate interested. Probably follow the Arakawa north for a bit and see where it takes us.

With snow on the forecast we'll see what the weather throws at us tomorrow and call it in the evening.

Meet at the Spaceship at 7am. 6:30am is good too. Anybody?

Have a 40k'er planned for Sunday. It's not going to be pleasant. Wave if you see me

Looks like the weather will be alright tomorrow so I'll be out at the crack of dawn. If anyone is interested let me know and I can meet you at the Spaceship a little later. Cheers.

Hey mate. Sorry I didn't stop as you went past. I was too busy huffing and chuffing to myself about the damn headwind all the way home along the Arakawa. Good for making me stronger though. Hope you didn't get caught up too much in the Akebane half marathon that was going on at the time. I decided to stretch mine out to a full marathon. Not the best decision with that headwind though ;)

@Mlac Peek Will be starting to build from next week, so a hard ride next Sunday out your way will be on the cards for me, if available.

Hey mate. Sorry I didn't stop as you went past. I was too busy huffing and chuffing to myself about the damn headwind all the way home along the Arakawa. Good for making me stronger though. Hope you didn't get caught up too much in the Akebane half marathon that was going on at the time. I decided to stretch mine out to a full marathon. Not the best decision with that headwind though ;)

No worries. I was enjoying cruising along with the tailwind and I didn't want to put you off your rhythm by stopping for a chat - I went by pretty fast but that headwind you were slogging into didn't look all that pleasant from where I sat. Good on ya for knocking out a whole marathon. I found @TorC just after I passed you and chatted with her while we weaved in and out of those half-marathoners at a relaxing super slow pace to finish off my ride. Good day on the bike.

I was very grateful to bump into @Mlac Peek as an excuse to turn out of the soul destroying headwind for a cruisey chat lap. I hope there were some nice big chaps to draft behind for the marathon. I have to admit I didn't notice too many of them!

@leicaman I thought I saw you running, but I can never recognize you off the bike.
@TorC I thought I saw you as well, but as I had done my bit against that head wind and didn't want to impede your progress to say hello, I just gave a wave.
@Mlac Peek you might have been close on my heels as you met up with @TorC. Maybe we all can meet up next week.

I am planning some training rides with @Doug3 to prepare for the Tokyo Enduro. It would be great to have a few more cyclist to join us. I will post the information soon, but do not expect any fancy posters;)

I will be up for some Enduro training sessions, even if you don't produce fancy posters, so please post any plans on the forum and I will try and make it along.

The actual course is open for business every morning!! But if you want to go on the weekends you will find the park side straight to crowded to effectively train after 9am

Back
Top Bottom