What's new

Sunday 24 October

Wolfman

Speeding Up
Jul 31, 2007
This is a back-in-the-saddle steady ride in the Chichibu area.

Will depart from the Higashi Ome 7-11 at 9ish, then ride up the beast of Arima Toge, dinner in Chichibu, then up into the Green line and the beautiful little valley. The ride loops back to Ome.

Total distance: 115km
Climbing 2200m

Map: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/detail/24543186/

Anyone welcome

Lee

Tim Smith and I just did Arima Toge last Sunday, awesome climb! Be aware that the backside descent into Chichibu is barricaded and closed, due to a landslide I believe. That being said, although I didn't find out for myself, I was told that it is passable by bike.

The gate was still up a week ago (Chichibu side). There are also sections without asphalt due to the road maintenance on Chichibu side near the end of the descent.

I can drive there to find out whether or not the gate is still up. I live in Chichibu, so it is not a big deal. Most likely tomorrow (Sat.) I will be at Urayama dam with my son and it is only 10 min. away from the dam to the gate.

Bart

Lee,
Looks like a nice route. Naomi-san and I will join you for this one. See you at Higashi Ome at 9 tomorrow.

AW.

Thanks for showing us this great route Lee :) Good to see you back in the saddle.
Had a really good ride - a bit chilly and autumnal, and I was glad of my long-sleeved jersey and windproof coming down from Arima Toge.

Great fun Rindo descents, a bit of hikling past a massive landslide, a couple of decent climbs, some monkey sightings and arriving back at Ome eki just before the rain all contributed to the fun.

Pics in the Gallery

"passable with care"

One major landslide, one minor landslide, and quite a few chunky rocks on the road surface. You can get through without any real trouble though, just be careful walking past the big landslide - there's a big drop and no barrier.

Back
Top Bottom