What's new

Sunday 23rd: Hotaka Training 2

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Hotaka is getting closer....the training is getting harder!

This coming Sunday, the training course will be an approximation of the Giro de Hotaka race course. 120km with 2200m climbing. The route is here:
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/54100356/
From Takao station round the south side of Sagamiko, up Doshi Michi and over Doshi Toge to Tsuru city. From there, take route 30 towards Uenohara before finishing on Wadatoge (west side climb). Training Objective: have enough juice in the legs at the 100km point to climb Wada!

This ride will be at a fairly high pace and is basically a test run for Hotaka so there will be no long stops. There is a bail out option at Uenohara.

Any speedy gentlemen or ladies interested in joining, let me know. Takao station, south exit at 8:45 or north exit Family Mart at 8:50am.

AW.

Nice course!

That's a nice looking route, Alan.
Particularly being a loop, meaning coin-lockers at Takao - Yay!
I noticed though, that it takes in part of the BoW route - If you were to skip Rte.139 & Rte.20, between km-58.5 & km-72 on your map, and substitute this section of BoW, it adds an extra 6km of climbing, but cuts out on a lot of extra traffic. Just a suggestion.
Unfortunately, I have to work on Sunday anyway, so...
Have a great ride! T

Hmm, that loop looks nice...
Not working on Sunday, but this week I have a race to ride in Ueno-mura.

The weather is not going to be so beautiful according to the forecast, but you don't care, do you Alan? :p

I didn't know there was a hill climb in Ueno-mura, let alone up that rindo. Tom and I have done it in brutal heat so I have mixed memories. There is a fountain one third up the way in case you need to replenish your bottle. Good luck!!

If it's raining I'll call off this ride. Training for that long in the rain just makes me miserable (& probably ill!)

Forecast was looking OK but seems to be deteriorating.

Ride's a Go

Right then.
The forecast is now looking OK for tomorrow. The roads will be a bit wet I'm sure, but we should avoid the rain. The ride is a "go" :)

Thanks for joining this hard ride, Takaaki-san and Clay! High speed (especially chasing Clay over Otarumi-toge) combined with 120 km and 2500m climbing has left my legs like two pieces of lead...

Hi, thanks again for today's ride.
I lost consciousness after I came home and just returned now.

It was really hard but a good training.
I guess I need to use escalators to go to work tomorrow.:warau:

Back
Top Bottom