What's new

Ride Sunday 22nd April - Onekan with hilly 10k loops.

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
Sunday morning I'll be out of the cage again. I'm going to be riding up Onekan out to popular hilly 10km loop. Climbs are all wait at the top within reason as there are lots of little climbs which follow one after the other throughout this loop. I'll be doing maybe 3 loops myself. Feel free to do more or less.

Primary Meet Point
Meet: Futakotamagawa close to the railway bridge on the opposite side of the river.
Meeting place map: https://goo.gl/maps/1WUL1NMFM7w
Meeting Date: Sunday April 22nd
Meeting Time: 06:25
Depart Time: 06:30

Secondary Meet Point
Meet: Lawson on Route 19 (Tsurukawa Highway) near Yanokuchi
Meeting place map: https://goo.gl/maps/8Kn6CEeEsvT2
Meeting Time: 6:55
Depart Time: 07:00

It's 36km there and back with 1 loop from Yanokuchi lawson. Add 10km for each lap you do. 3 laps from meet point 1 would be around (36+20+20) 76km.

Please wear a helmet and leave a comment below if you will show up at either meet point. I tend to ride around 30kmph on the flat but unfortunately slower up hill.

Here is a route of 1 lap from the 2nd meet point (fancy I know)

Last edited:
If you're ever riding this route again I'd like to join in, but can't this week as I already have a prior arrangement.
I live along the route, so it's OK to drop me if I can't keep up, as I suspect may be the case.

@Kangaeroo - no worries. I like this route so will undoubtedly be doing it again and you are more than welcome to join in the fun.

Awesome. Should be lovely weather out. Cya'll in the morning.

Hi guys, I will also join you today for that ride today. I will be at the first meeting point. See you!

8AC149A3-94FE-4C3F-B15B-C6DEB7B568EB.jpeg
We had a total of 6 on this spin. One of them was @LysanderK who showed up on his mountain bike. I quickly remembered reading about this guy on a Saturday ride. Totally agree. The man can ride his mountain bike :) Nice riding!

Had a great morning. We did 3 laps and I felt pretty good compared to the last time that I was out there. I'm probably not going to be able to ride next Sunday as I'll be in a GoldenWeek traffic jam somewhere. Yeah. I did speak to @zenbiker though who knows a lot of the roads around the area and he is going to setup a ride for one of the coming Sundays also. That's cool. I need to get to know more roads.

Sadly - on the way home after the ride, I popped a rear spoke cresting one of the last hills. Rear wheel just stopped practically and wouldn't really turn. Ouch. Had to walk to a bike shop. Unfortunately, they didn't have any spokes and wanted to take my bike for a week and send the wheel back to Shimano for a repair. Ouch. Decided to hop in a taxi instead and take the bike home. Took ages with a lot of taxis just ignoring me as they drove past. Finally a nice taxi going the other way did a u-turn and got me home.

Back
Top Bottom