What's new

Ride Sunday, 22 November: TCC Miura Loop

Can't wait!
I used to do this ride a few times a month with Mike (Sly), who has since left Japan. And I haven't been there in over 2 years.
It'll be quite the nostalgic return. I look forward to hopefully seeing a few old (and new) faces.

You would ride in my backyard the weekend I will be riding around Mt Fuji. Damn.
Well - we have all winter to do it again.

Start: 09:00 AM Zushi Station (East Exit)
End: around noon Zushi Station
Pace: moderate (~80km, 500m of altitude)
Course: Zushi to Zushi clock-wise

In so far:

I'm planning to ride out from the Ikuta/Tamagawa area. If anyone wants to tag along, let me know.

@thomas, would it be OK to join you in the Ikuta/Tamagawa area and ride down, too?

Then please count me in!
Is there a fancier way? I'm very happy either way, and doubly so if I'm able to ride with you!

What's the plan for Sunday morning?
Where should we meet and what time?
@jonmanjiro, I can't maintain a 29.2 kp/h av, either and would be happy to stick around at a more sedate pace if you want to come, but will do my best to hang on otherwise.

@Kangaeroo I think I could average around 25-26 kp/h and 29-30 kp/h for stretches, but I didn't want to be the guy slowing the group down. If you're happy riding at that somewhat more sedate pace, count me in!

What's the plan for Sunday morning? Where should we meet and what time?

I was thinking of meeting up at Eda Station along R246 at 06:30. We could discuss details on Line and then post an update tomorrow. :)

Had a really good time yesterday!
It was good riding with @thomas again, as well as @Kangaeroo (Ryan) and @jonmanjiro (Jon).
We all held a fairly decent "medium" pace, and were back in Zushi just around 1pm. I almost never ride on from there, usually preferring the luxury of a train seat to a few extra kilometers, but when Thomas asked me, "Don't you want to ride with us to Yokohama?", my first thought was "Yes! Yes I actually DO want to ride a bit more on this gorgeous day!"
Jon showed us some backroads & cycling paths to get us to Totsuka, where we said goodbye to him. Thomas, Ryan and I then headed along Rte.1 to Yokohama, where I caught the train. Thomas & Ryan then had another 20~30km ahead of them.
Very enjoyable day. Thanks guys!
01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Awesome report, @WhiteGiant, tremendous day and fantastic guiding and route! Brilliant pics and thanks for capturing me every time I took a deep breath! Thanks to @thomas and @jonmanjiro, too, for making a wonderful ride. Very grateful to @thomas for organizing the ride, getting me there and back, and to @jonmanjiro for putting in an absolutely brilliant ride on your foldup! What a beast!
Apologies that my photos are of a very ordinary quality, despite the excellent subject matter. It was all I could do to keep up on the day. Cheers!
KIMG6447.JPG
KIMG6450.JPG
KIMG6451.JPG
KIMG6458.JPG
KIMG6460.JPG
KIMG6462.JPG
KIMG6464.JPG
KIMG6466.JPG
KIMG6468.JPG
KIMG6469.JPG

doh! wish I had seen this before the ride... would have been great to tag along as well!
..next time.

Great report & pics of a top ride! Thanks for making it a blast @thomas @WhiteGiant @Kangaeroo !!!!!

I was a bit reluctant about joining with the small wheels (bringing a knife to a gun fight etc. etc.) and I did a expect a bit more ribbing, especially from the Aussie contingent. Thanks for taking it easy on me!! "moderate (medium?) pace" is kinda fast tho 😅

@jonmanjiro, you were a beast! I bow my head in respect for your great ride (and I was dying to stir you up, coming from Wollongong and all, but there was no room to do so because of the admiration!)

Great report & pics of a top ride! Thanks for making it a blast @thomas @WhiteGiant @Kangaeroo !!!!!

I was a bit reluctant about joining with the small wheels (bringing a knife to a gun fight etc. etc.) and I did a expect a bit more ribbing, especially from the Aussie contingent. Thanks for taking it easy on me!! "moderate (medium?) pace" is kinda fast tho 😅
Next time, the Miura resident dickhead might show up. Then you will just have to deal with the onslaught... :D
I was out chasing waterfalls while you kids played in my backyard. I also know where all the good eats are too! :D

Last edited:
@jonmanjiroI was dying to stir you up, coming from Wollongong and all

Ahahahaha :flip::flip::flip:

When Travis told that joke about Canberra and Brisbane (?), I was thinking to myself "surely Canberra isn't all that bad... probably better than Wollongong"
Next time, the Miura resident dickhead might show up. Then you will just have to deal with the onslaught... :D
I was out chasing waterfalls while you kids played in my backyard. I also know where all the good eats are too! :D

I will just have to deal with the onslaught??? A'right then! :cool:

(...typed while frantically searching the net for a proper weapon for a gun fight...😅)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom