Ride Sunday 18 Jan Miura 133

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Wow, this course looks great! Could you put an approx figure on "moderate" just so I know what I'm looking at here? Thx

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Thanks, that does sound reasonable and I could keep up for some 50-60 km, but I don't know for latter half as I still haven't ridden much beyond that distance. In any case, in the meantime I got something else going on for tomorrow so unfortunately I'm unable to go this time. I will be on the lookout for similar rides in the future though... Have fun tomorrow!

bloaker

Maximum Pace
Nov 14, 2011
Miura, Japan
This is true - however if he rinko'd to Taura, Shiori, Yokosuska, Yokosuska-Chuo, etc... then he could ride a bit and head back on the train from Zushi.

If @luka can do a solid 60km of 32km riding - Shiori to Zushi falls in that distance limit more or less.

hopefully the wind is friendlier tomorrow than today.

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
I am a bit apprehensive about going that far, without prior experience with such distances and times. So I'm planning to do a 100 km ride next weekend (even if I go at it alone) and see how I fare during the later half. In the worst case scenario, I could drop out in the middle of such a ride if I felt I can no longer keep up as bloker suggests... It's no use now anyway, since I can't attend tomorrow. But I'm looking forward to another opportunity soon. You guys have fun and if possible a photo report would be appreciated!

@bloaker the wind definitely was a killer today. Did about 20 km along Arakawa (upstream) against a constant heavy headwind. Could only make 20 km/h or so. Coming back though was fun, easily churning 35+