What's new

Ride Sunday 17th August @07:30 Yanokuchi to some hills.

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
Very unorganized but thought I'd fire this out. Planning to ride from Yanokuchi out route 19 over some hills and do 2 or 3 hilly loop-de-loops before heading back. I do this route quite a lot on the weekends now that I find it hard to get out further with the baby. 3 loops, plus the way out there should get us as 900m in 80km or so (100 for me back to Meguro).

Here is a strava activity link when I did this before. Been ages since I managed 3 loops though.
http://www.strava.com/activities/126991653

Meet at Lawsons at 07:30 - https://www.google.co.jp/maps/place...m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x9aaf689ab312240f?hl=en

I'll wear a TCC jersey so I'll be easy to spot perhaps. I'll wait there until about 07:40 before heading on. Pace will be 30kmph or so on the flats and as much as I can muster on the climbs without killing myself for the next one or the way home. WATT (for) me (me) thinks.

PM me if you will come.

I arrived on time for my own ride to find a TCC jersey and another foreign looking face already at Lawsons. I was quite surprised as nobody PM'd me but I thought I'd wait the 10 minutes anyway just in case. Turns out the lads were on a different ride so I was flying solo regardless. That's fine by me as it lets me die my own death in private.

IMG_4332.jpg

The 3 lads were heading out the same road to Yabitsu so I convinced them to wait until 7:40 before tagging onto the back for a nice tow. They were doing a handy 38kmph for the first part and I don't think I've ever arrived at the loop so fast. We took turns at the front and I got to do wakadai up front which was nice as I hate to love that hill. We went our separate ways at the 7-eleven which starts the loop.

I think the weather these days is really helping me. No sun today. I managed to get 3 loops done. After 3 loops I was starting to wonder what the uphills would be like as downhills and vice versa so I did a reverse loop. Turns out the reverse (clockwise in this case) is a lot easier than the normal loop I do. As I approached the combini, for the 4th time, I decided I really wanted to do that huge downhill again and off I flew on my 5th loop. The loop is about 10km as far as I know (I never actually checked).

IMG_4338.jpg

My last loop, on the last short 11% hill I finally realized the power of battery assisted bikes as I completely failed to get near a lady riding up the beast in the saddle on her chari. Feck. I was just glad that she didn't pass me on the hill and that she was already in front.

Was glad to stop at the combini after all that hard work. I think I stayed there about an hour and ate and drank various things. That's where I ran into a very genki @zenbiker and one of his mates. It was great to meet you too!

I had a lot of leg cramping issues on this ride. My calves cramped earlier in the ride and around Noborito when I was enjoying some nice 40kmph cruising both legs cramped in the same place. Not really sure what all the muscles are called in there but I guess it was my hamstrings towards the inside of my legs. A bit of stretching at a traffic light fixed that up and got me home. But I did take it pretty easy after that.

Total ride was 121km and 1337m of climbing. Pretty happy with that. Awesome weather and awesome day in the saddle.

Back
Top Bottom