Ride Sunday 16th Aug - Otarumi, Tochidani/Zakazawa, Unknown, Hanbaragoe

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Riding out for something bigger than what's on offer around Tama. Will be taking it easy up Otarumi, KOMing Tochidani/Zakazawa, hopefully climbing Unknown (could be gates in the way), then whatever happens after that happens. Should be fun! All climbs WATT within reason, going 30+ kmph on the flat (drafting is free) and taking regular stops for water and food along the way. Current forecast is cloudy with some sun, so not the burning sweat-fest of a few weeks ago. Meeting at the Lawson near Yanokuchi Station on the Tama River at 6:30 am (start point on the route). Should be back around 7 or 8 hours later. Post below if you like.
Route

Last edited:

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
Got the Tochidani/Zakazawa rindo KOM I was aiming for. Unknown remains unknown as the rindo ran out of asphalt after about 100 metres. With 110 km in the legs I gave Hanbaragoe everything I had but just not strong enough in the midday heat. PR and 16th on Strava. Found a spring on the other side of Hanbaragoe with cool, fresh mountain water. Soaked my head in that for a good 10 minutes just to get my body temperature down. Amazing stuff. And the selfies.

Tochidani/Zakazawa rindo
DSCN0648.JPG
#fruitarian
DSCN0673.JPG