What's new

Ride Sunday 10th April 2016

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
image.png

Gday all. This Sunday the usual route up the river and over Monomiyama, then breakfast at the 7-Eleven at about the 55km mark. After that we'll hit some short hills around the base of Shiraishi - last time I did this with @kawa we hit 4 slopes, each one progressively steeper than the last. Max elevation is only 300m so suffering is perfectly manageable. If we're lucky we'll get a tailwind back down the river. If not, Peek towing enterprises will be taking reservations. All aboard!

See you at the Spaceship, 7am.

Meet: Spaceship 7am
Distance: 150km+
Pace: Battleship Cruiser

Actually, he missed the elevation gain. For this very reason, I won't be joining ;)

You are indeed correct.

As a result, it pains me to have to revise the score to 9/10. While the elevation is present on the RideWithGPS map, for absolute correctness and clarity it should also be on the poster. I feel this is a very minor point, however, especially considering how well the rest of it met the standards.

In conclusion then, this is still a very good post by @Mlac Peek. I am also looking forward to seeing how his own particular style and take on the ride posters develops over time. They have been hinting at a move towards an almost Tetsuo The Iron Man level of industrialisation and heaviness, which is an unexpected development, but a welcome one indeed. This is a very good counter to the posters of @Andy in Tokyo whose style displays a high proficiency in modern Illustrator colour and vector work. A collaboration between these two artists later on in the year would be something to behold.

This thread is lame. The guy in the poster won't even be there! There is no mystery, no intrigue. How disappointing.

3/10

This thread is lame. The guy in the poster won't even be there! There is no mystery, no intrigue. How disappointing.

3/10

Just give in and conform to the ISO. It is pointless resisting. It is bigger than all of us, and those who try to twist, turn and avoid bringing themselves up to the required level of quality will be crushed by the unstoppable, ever moving power of the brutal standards machine.

A terrifying ride into the heart of the möbius loop, led by @Mlac Peek. We rode out and ended up in a terrifying ride into the heart of the möbius loop led by @Mlac Peek, into the heart of a terrifying loop ride we ended up in the heart led by @Mlac Peek.

Round and round we went, and the years passed. And the years passed, and round and round we went, into a terrifying loop into the möbius of @Mlac Peek led by the years, round and round.

Aeons passed, and time itself became a mere memory.

All of a sudden, we turned right at some traffic lights, and the spell was broken. I looked down at the screen and it was still before noon.

Then we belted it down to Family Mart, and lost our minds on Amino dust.

It was a great ride in the very colorful mountains!
I couldn't decide to join this ride until the very last minute because it was obvious that @Mlac Peek + @Lupo would be "Saitama big chainring massacre".
That said, I couldn't resist the temptation of this beautiful season and I did enjoy the ride until the last 10 km or so.
When peek and I were cruising down along Arakawa toward home, a careless ojisan baseball player stepped in front of peek.
Peek tried his best to control and stop his bike but there weren't enough time and he ended up going tope con giro over the handlebar and landed on the ground.
The ojisan was okay without a scratch but some damages were left on peek's body.
I have the decency not to take a picture of wounds but he looked like this after the crash and I'm hoping there were no further damage on you.
800.jpg

T

It was a great ride in the very colorful mountains!
I couldn't decide to join this ride until the very last minute because it was obvious that @Mlac Peek + @Lupo would be "Saitama big chainring massacre".
That said, I couldn't resist the temptation of this beautiful season and I did enjoy the ride until the last 10 km or so.
When peek and I were cruising down along Arakawa toward home, a careless ojisan baseball player stepped in front of peek.
Peek tried his best to control and stop his bike but there weren't enough time and he ended up going tope con giro over the handlebar and landed on the ground.
The ojisan was okay without a scratch but some damages were left on peek's body.
I have the decency not to take a picture of wounds but he looked like this after the crash and I'm hoping there were no further damage on you.
View attachment 13704

T
So @Mlac Peek hit the deck? That sucks big time. Hope you recover quickly mate.

Wow! That sucks. But I must say very unusual. Normally @Mlac Peek will just ride over anything that dares to cross his path. Clearly he has some kind of adaptive programming that is starting to pay dividends for the wider community but particularly the stray cat community.
Anyway I hope your circuitry repairs asap.

Nice.

I didn't crash, but for some really bizarre reason I am still investigating, my rear mech over shifted and sent the chain behind the cassette and into the spokes.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Stop riding immediately, but the damage was done. Spent a good few hours taking the wheel apart, replacing the massacred spokes, servicing the hub and repairing the scratches, and figuring out what caused this mayhem. The stuff of nightmares!

Got finished rebuilding it this evening....

^ I reckon you just sub-consciously sleepwalked and set your inner shift limit to drop your chain and destroy your spokes so that you'd have a legit chance to rebuild your wheel.
Yesssss!

Back
Top Bottom