What's new

Ride SUN, SEP 8th - Boso backroads ripoff

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
Just wanted to let everybody know I can't make it on Saturday and will go for a ride on Sunday, as long as the weather cooperates. For a change we're going to Chiba. The first half of this route I've ridden in Golden Week, the return trip I stole from one of @Phil's Backroads Boso rides. It should be gorgeous.

INFO:
Meet Time: 8:30am
Meet Place: South exit of Honda Station (誉田) on the JR Sotobo Line
Distance: 140km
Climbing: up and down all the way, nothing really hard or long
Level: decent distance, moderate climbing. Anyone joining Pete's rides should be able to do this. We WATT (wait at the top) and everywhere else.
Route: HERE

I aim at 8 hours cycling + resting maximum, which may imply no real lunch but conbini stops only, but we can adjust according to the group's wishes.

Please note that the weather forecast is not favourable for Sunday, so you may want to ride on Saturday (too) just in case.

Last edited:
Sods law - you guys finally decide to go out on a Sunday and I'll be camping up in the Yamanashi mountains sans bike. Would have loved to join you for a long one, especially out to Chiba and back for a potentially epic ride. Enjoy!

I just posted the ride for Sunday. I'm really excited, but the rain may spoil everything.

Don't think I can make it Sunday. Have a great ride and hope the rain does spoil the party.

It looks like 50/50 right now. I don't mind riding in a little rain (obviously), but I don't like any downpours like we had on Thursday. I will make the final call tomorrow 6am, after checking the precipitation radar and forecast.

Ride cancelled! It has rained seriously in Chiba already, it's just started raining here in amounts that will get at least us completely wet even before we get on the train, and the forecast is "showers throughout the day" in Chiba. I don't think it will make for an enjoyable experience.

I'm hoping to do this one next weekend, perhaps on Monday (national holiday).

Understood:( It's just started raining here, too.

I am booked up next weekend but may have an opening Wednesday or Friday, or both. If I get out and the weather allows I'll ride this one.

Thanks, Aron.

I just noticed this! If you are going to try this next week, I'll definitely try to make it out.

Hi Phil, hope to meet you in person finally. Hey Doug, it will be great to see you on the bike. I am currently aiming towards Sunday as Monday currently looks rainy, will post the ride tomorrow or on Thursday.

Aron - Any chance that it may happen on Saturday? I'm keen for some Chiba/Boso action, but have another commitment on Sunday.

Hmm, the forecast is now 50% chance of rain on both Sunday and Monday. To get at least one full day of riding and to accomodate as many as possible I'm now thinking about doing this ride both Saturday and Sunday. If it's raining on Sunday, I'll push that one to Monday (public holiday). Please state your interest and for which day. We can also go riding in the Hanno/Chichibu area instead on Saturday.

Aron, was thinking about doing this Saturday anyway (Sunday not good for me), so if you moved it to Saturday that would be perfect for me.

Back
Top Bottom