What's new

SUN, SEP 30th - Nihongi-toge & Kasayama

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Second attempt rescheduled from last week's rained out ride.

We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, Shiraishi-toge, then descend Sadamine-toge for a nice brick oven pizza. We'll then climb back up Sadamine and descend the other side to climb Nihongi-toge and Kasayama, finally ending at Ogawamachi Station for the train back to Tokyo. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2300-2500m
Distance: 135-145km
Route: HERE

Hope to see you Sunday morning!

I'll meet you all at the round hut in Ono, if you need the map again let me know.

Josh

Pete,

Thanks for the re-post.
Hope to see you Sunday morning, under a rideable weather!

Chikako

Not to cast a shadow on this ride or hijack riders from Pete, but the forecast looks grim for Sunday so I'm all geared up for a ride tomorrow.

If the forecast still looks grim before bed then I'm going to ride tomorrow, I'll do Takao, tsuru pass, and then tomin no mori (in that order). Going by Takao around 7:30ish and Fujino around 8:30. If anyone is interested then ill send the route.

If the forecast looks better then I'll roll the dice and wait for Sunday.

Sorry Pete, I just really want to get in long ride.

Not to cast a shadow on this ride or hijack riders from Pete, but the forecast looks grim for Sunday so I'm all geared up for a ride tomorrow.

If the forecast still looks grim before bed then I'm going to ride tomorrow, I'll do Takao, tsuru pass, and then tomin no mori (in that order). Going by Takao around 7:30ish and Fujino around 8:30. If anyone is interested then ill send the route.

If the forecast looks better then I'll roll the dice and wait for Sunday.

Sorry Pete, I just really want to get in long ride.

Mate, if the weather is good and you can ride tomorrow, do it! Don't take a chance on the weather being good or not on Sunday. If I could ride tomorrow, I most certainly would!

Meh, JMA is giving Sunday a 60% chance of rain,. head into fully raining on Monday.

:(

Weathergods willing, I'm in for the rerun. Mark 'leicaman', I'll be at the 'spaceship' at 6.50am.

I'm out. Weather too unpredictable, so decided to go and support my いちご オレ mates at their CX race tomorrow.

Pete, got those dura ace pedals fitted so we can swap bikes etc. :D

I'm out. Weather too unpredictable, so decided to go and support my いちご オレ mates at their CX race tomorrow.

Pete, got those dura ace pedals fitted so we can swap bikes etc. :D

Me to me to :)

Never ridden anything in your setup

Tokyo meteorolgical agency is saying 20% chance of rain until noon. That's good enough for me so I'm still in :)

Back
Top Bottom