What's new

SUN, SEP 23rd - Nihongi-toge & Kasayama

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
UPDATE: The forecast likes like rain all day tomorrow, ride cancelled. :rain:

We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, Shiraishi-toge, then descend Sadamine-toge for a nice brick oven pizza. We'll then climb back up Sadamine and descend the other side to climb Nihongi-toge and Kasayama, finally ending at Ogawamachi Station for the train back to Tokyo. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2300-2500m
Distance: 135-145km
Route: HERE

Hope to see you Sunday morning!

Sweet.

I will come and show you my helmet.

gay%2Bflag.jpg

Funny, that. I was, er, speculating with someone just the other day what George Lucas Esq. might have been playing with when he came up for the idea of that iconic yet oddly familiar helmet shape.

darthichigo.jpg

Darth Ichigowen

Pete,

I managed to put together a decent ride with a few climbs that will end right at the beginning of yours, so can I meet you guys at Ono?
Here is the route, I'll meet you all there if that works: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1741706
Can you guesstimate what time you'll be there?

Pete,

I managed to put together a decent ride with a few climbs that will end right at the beginning of yours, so can I meet you guys at Ono?
Here is the route, I'll meet you all there if that works: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1741706
Can you guesstimate what time you'll be there?

We should be in that area at about 9:30-9:45am. We usually make a quick last stop at a round wooden hut with shade and a few vending machines located HERE. That would be a good place to meet us. The other good alternative would be at the wooden pavilion at the top of the climb around 10:00-10:15am.

Pete and everyone,

Will be joining this Chichibu ride again.
See you Sunday morning!

Chikako

I'm in as well, if the rain is not too severe. Will check here in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom