Ride SUN, Oct 12th: Best of the North-West

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
Nerima-ku, Tokyo
abeekman.nl
My friend Ivo from Amsterdam is visiting, so we'll show him around the nicest roads and climbs in the Hanno-Chichibu area.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30 am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: 2500m?
Distance: ~145km
Route: HERE, subject to change.

We'll probably have soba on the Green Line around 67km. There are several possibilities to bail out early. We'll keep a steady but easy pace along the Arakawa, and all climbs are WATT (wait at the top).

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
Nerima-ku, Tokyo
abeekman.nl
Yeah, it was great.

First of all, I had next to no problems on the first ride after my accident. It was really good to be out on the bike again.

We (my friend, @Chikako and I) did the route as planned, but skipped Kasayama as it was getting too late. Chikako returned from Shomaru station. Other than that he got the whole experience: Arakawa run, convience store pit stop, encountering a matsuri in Ogose, riding up the Green Line, witnessing many people suffering through a marathon up there, soba lunch, sightseeing at Nenogongen-tenryuji, mad descending afterwards, the big statues at Naguri, filling up at the holy fountain, Yamabushi-toge, bonking at Karibazaka-toge to be remedied by cola from the van guy, more cold riding at the Green Line, descending Sadamine, blasting to Ogawamachi, rinkoing the bike, and a well-deserved beer on the train.